Gray Box in song lists - some songs only - what's this and why?

Hi! 

In a song list, some songs have a gray box to the right, but others don’t.  It’s kind of annoying.  What does the gray box mean?  Is there any way to get rid of these?

@martonic wrote:

Hi! 

In a song list, some songs have a gray box to the right, but others don’t.  It’s kind of annoying.  What does the gray box mean?  Is there any way to get rid of these?

I guess it doesn’t take too much to annoy you…:wink:  Not too much to go on, but I am guessing you have a microSD installed in your player.  The grey icon to the right of the song tells you that the song is located on the expansion memory versus the internal memory of the player itself.

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@martonic wrote:

Hi! 

I guess it doesn’t take too much to annoy you…:wink:  Not too much to go on, but I am guessing you have a microSD installed in your player.  The grey icon to the right of the song tells you that the song is located on the expansion memory versus the internal memory of the player itself.

B I N G O !

GB wins the cupie-doll. :smiley:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 03-08-2009 12:32 PM

@tapeworm wrote:

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

@martonic wrote:

Hi! 

B I N G O !

GB wins the cupie-doll. :smiley:

Actually though . . . the icon is on the left of the song title, not the right.

???

I just confirmed it on my 2 fuzes… The grey icon is on the right of the song title…

I’ll still take the cupie doll, though…:smileyvery-happy:

Hey thank you very much.  And, enjoy your Cupie doll!

@fuze_owner_gb wrote:

???

I just confirmed it on my 2 fuzes… The grey icon is on the right of the song title…

I’ll still take the cupie doll, though…:smileyvery-happy:

Well, blister my britches! Funny, it’s the exact opposite of the e200 series (icon on the left) and I had never noticed it before.

Guess there’s still a few tricks this 'ol dawg can learn yet. :wink:

Have you ever noticed that the cupie dolls were the first to sport the ‘Mohawk’ hair-do?

Well, maybe not the first; it is named after the Native American tribe after all. :wink:

You know, I hadn’t given it more than a passing thought, but the two devices do  have the SD icon on opposite sides!

See, the old fart is still finding new things.  When I first saw the post, I thought, “well, the SD icon is on the left…what is he referring to then?”

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

Have you ever noticed that the cupie dolls were the first to sport the ‘Mohawk’ hair-do?

Well, maybe not the first; it is named after the Native American tribe after all. :wink:

Not to get further off-topic in this thread, but since the OP is already solved . . . here are a couple more ‘tribesmen’:

:smileyvery-happy:

@tapeworm wrote:

Not to get further off-topic in this thread, but since the OP is already solved . . . here are a couple more ‘tribesmen’:

:smileyvery-happy:

Ahh the things we do to keep ourselves amused on lazy Sunday Afternoons.

Lazy Sunday

@conversionbox wrote:

Lazy Sunday

I went to Best Buy and bought Shaun of the Dead on DVD ($6.99) and the new Snow Patrol CD…that’s my exciting Sunday.

@conversionbox wrote:

I wish! We finally get some nice weather here and on a week-end too. It’s been raining the proverbial cats & dogs for the last few weeks. Not that I’m really complaining mind you, even with the torrential downpours we’ve had we’re still looking at mandatory water-rationing this year in California. This is our 4th straight year of way-below normal rain & snowfall. That big a deficit can’t be made up overnight.

But today was gorgeous! Sunshine, hardly any breeze, temp. around 65 - 67 degrees F. An absolutely perfect day for a bike ride . . .

But Nooooooo, with all the rain we’ve had I have to mow the lawn before the sunshine adds another several inches to it. i couldn’t let it go any longer. By next week-end I’d have to take machete to it! Hopefully it won’t grow too much again by next week-end. They’re talking almost 70 degrees F forecast for next Saturday. I’ll just have to look forward to that ride in another week.

It could be worse. I could live on the other coast and have to shovel show. Been there; done that. No thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

@conversionbox wrote:

I wish! We finally get some nice weather here and on a week-end too. It’s been raining the proverbial cats & dogs for the last few weeks. Not that I’m really complaining mind you, even with the torrential downpours we’ve had we’re still looking at mandatory water-rationing this year in California. This is our 4th straight year of way-below normal rain & snowfall. That big a deficit can’t be made up overnight.

But today was gorgeous! Sunshine, hardly any breeze, temp. around 65 - 67 degrees F. An absolutely perfect day for a bike ride . . .

But Nooooooo, with all the rain we’ve had I have to mow the lawn before the sunshine adds another several inches to it. I couldn’t let it go any longer. By next week-end I’d have to take a machete to it! Hopefully it won’t grow too much again by next week-end. They’re talking almost 70 degrees F forecast for next Saturday. I’ll just have to look forward to that ride in another week.

It could be worse. I could live on the other coast and have to shovel show. Been there; done that. No thanks! :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

But Nooooooo, with all the rain we’ve had I have to mow the lawn before the sunshine adds another several inches to it. I couldn’t let it go any longer. By next week-end I’d have to take a machete to it! Hopefully it won’t grow too much again by next week-end. They’re talking almost 70 degrees F forecast for next Saturday. I’ll just have to look forward to that ride in another week.

Thats why I miss San Diego. Its warm here for this part of march 50 F or so. But its raining as you say… “Cats and Dogs” and my own twist With the occasional Farm Animal thrown in. I just Sat through the First Tornado Warning of the Season… YAY. And I look forward to the Day I get to cut the grass, ours is still in winter mode and under 4" of water in some places.

It was 50-ish here, so our driveway is all mud and chunks of ice…yay!

Rainy, and I have no clue as to the temp.

The northern California stages of the Tour of California showed some soggy bicycle racers this year.  Of course, I was cycling every day in the wet too.  I pop on the Race Blades to keep my back dry from road spray, clear Oakleys, and blast off.

Hey, I had sympathy soakage, man.

Sunday?  Righteous weather, but I stayed home, installing new brake pads and waxed the chain, tweaking a few spokes that needed a little love.  Well, I did have my Sansa, and a mix of Crue and Motorhead!  Proper music is essential.

Monday is time for a good spin.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: