Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Good earphones for the gym?

theyre good for songs with bass like a milli, drop it like its hot
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Sures..haven't seen those yet anywhere in my howetown of Eindhoven.

I guess will have to go the larger cities like Amsterdam or Rotterdam to see if they've them there.

Thanks again!

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I have to retract my suggested recommendation of the Lenntek Sonix or other IEM's for running.

Yesterday I ran 5 miles using the Sonix in ear phones (like the Shure's in that regard).  They sounded great, much better than my Sennheisers - but blocked out sound so much that I could have been hit by a car if I didn't see it.  Also - one earbud fell out twice, and I had to keep adjusting them.  On the other hand, the fabric cable provided next to no cable noise.

I went back to my Sennheiser Twist to Fit earbuds today, and while the sound quality wasn't as high - they fit much more comfortably.  I didn't have to touch them once to get them to stay in place.  They were secure.  Part of the problem is that the position that they lock into place - isn't exactly over my eardrum.  I think the ideal running earphones would have the twist to fit feature, coupled with an extension that fits into the ear canal.

In short - for now, the best recommendation I can give for running are the Sennheisers.  The Sonix or Shures (any IEM's, really) would probably be adequate for weight lifting and such.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I must be the only one that likes the stock Sansas!  I really think they are OK.  I also have a pPair of ten-dollar Panasonics that I think are fine.  Of course the Shure in-ear-monitors and products like that are going to be significantly better, but when it's ten dollars compared to $150 or more...well, in these trying times, that ain't no decision.
blackdog-sansa,

the problem with the bundled earphones that I experimented was that they didn't fit right in my ears and therefor provided poor noise isolation. the slightest sound overcame my music and I couldn't hear it until it stoped or I moved away. so I bought some new ones.