Highlighted
SanDisk User
Accepted Solution

Good earphones for the gym?

Hi,

Need help with earphones for the gym. I have a CREATIVE EP-630, but they produce too much cord-noise. It's a bit annoying.

Any suggestions?

Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

Re: Good earphones for the gym?

Here's a review of several types

http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=4088&view=by_date_ascendi... 

If that thread doesn't help, what specifics do you want in them?  Cheap? Noise Resistant?  Long cord?  In the ear?  Over the ear?

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I use the Sennheiser twist-to-fit style of 'phones. I find they stay put, sound good, the cord stays out of my way, and the neon green color is easy to find in my dark gym bag. ;-)
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I also have the Sennheiser twist-to-fit earphones - and they stay put well, but I have to say that they don't maintain Sennheiser's high reputation for sound quality. They sound kinda tinny. I use them for running, but I may put them aside for my next run . . .

The next time I go out for a run, I'm going to try my Lenntek Sonix canalphones, which seem to be a great complement to my Sansas. Normally, though, in ear headphones aren't recommended for running because they do such a good job at blocking outside noise - like an oncoming car.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks for the replies, guyz! So Sennheisers are the recommended ones?!
Highlighted
SanDisk User

I really like my Shure SE110s with the foam buds.  Nicely sound isolating; at work they have to hit me with a whiffle bat (provided) to get my attention.
Highlighted
SanDisk Professor

I must be the only one that likes the stock Sansas!  I really think they are OK.  I also have a pPair of ten-dollar Panasonics that I think are fine.  Of course the Shure in-ear-monitors and products like that are going to be significantly better, but when it's ten dollars compared to $150 or more...well, in these trying times, that ain't no decision.
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Yes, it's hard to beat free, and I don't have anything against the stock buds.

But the Shure's are less expensive than you think.  I paid less than $70 for the SE110s on Amazon. 

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Any in-ear skull candy earphones except for the ink'd ones because when the cord hits something, you can hear it hitting something. but otherwise, all skullcandies are good.
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

@NissanSkyline wrote:
Any in-ear skull candy earphones except for the ink'd ones because when the cord hits something, you can hear it hitting something. but otherwise, all skullcandies are good.

The ink'd were a step up from the stock buds, but I wouldn't call them awesome.Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520