Getting my Fuze to work with Napster-to-go on my Dell Inspiron 2650

I have an old Inspiron 2650 laptop that I use to store and play all my music.  I also use it for syncing up my music to my mp3 players.  I’m using Window Media Player 11.

I just got a new Sansa Fuze and I’m having trouble getting it to work with Napster-to-go on my Inspiron.  Note that I did get the Fuze to connect with Napter on my wife’s newer Dell B130, although I never got around to trying to transfer any tracks to it.

I understand that the Fuze needs to be installed as an MTP device to work with Napster-to-go.  I’m pretty sure that the problem that I’m having is that the Inspiron is installing it as a USB storage drive.  Note that I have the USB option set to auto-select on the Fuze.  On Napster’s FAQ site, I found instructions for manually updating the driver for the Fuze to be an MTP device.  However, when I try to do this and I get to the list of drivers to use, there is no MTP device in the list.  There is only “Disk Drive”.

The Inspiron came with USB1 ports.  I have a Belkin USB2 PCMCIA card to upgrade my ports to USB2.  Is there any way that I can get the MTP drivers installed on my laptop so that I can manually set the driver to MTP for my Fuze?  Any other advice or opinions?

The MTP drivers are in Windows Media Player 10 or 11. Try reinstalling it. 

Don’t use Auto-Detect. Put the unit in MTP under Settings/USB Mode. Then open WMP, then connect.

If it still doesn’t work, go to Device Manager. (Start/Settings/Control Panel/System/Hardware in Win XP, probably different in Vista). Look under USB to see if there’s anything with a yellow triangle and exclamation point and uninstall it, then reboot.

You can also search the forum for “Connection Troubleshooter.”