Games on the Sansa Fuze

Do you think that there will ever be any games added to the Fuze in a firmware update? Just simple games like pong, tetris, snake, etc…

Not until the team over at Rockbox cracks the nut and are able to port to the Fuze. If SanDisk had any plans for games on any of their players, they would have already put them on.

I’d love Tempest on the Fuze.  The controls are perfect, with the scroll wheel, super zapper center button…oh yeah.  Now that would be cool indeed, especially with the color LCD.

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

another thing you could add to the fuze to help smash the ipods chrome white shiny armor. Hint Hint sandisk.:wink:

Mark

@markjones12345 wrote:

another thing you could add to the fuze to help smash the ipods chrome white shiny armor. Hint Hint sandisk.:wink:

Mark

Although the new “touch” ipod has games (from the tv commercials I’ve saw).

Games would be nice on the Fuze.

Is gaming an ultimate purpose of DAPs? Is it related somehow to listening to music? (not to mention the fact that almost every mobile phone has games nowadays, and virtually everyone has a mobile today)

No not the ultimate purpose.  Just a nice added feature. 

I bought the Clip and Fuze specifically because they were tightly focused on music.  Not having games and other non-DAP related features garbaging up the FW was actually a plus for me.  I’d rather see any significant development efforts focused on improving core music features.

"I bought the Clip and Fuze specifically because they were tightly focused on music.  Not having games and other non-DAP related features garbaging up the FW was actually a plus for me.  I’d rather see any significant development efforts focused on improving core music features. "

I agree. I wish they had left off video as well though. While still pictures are reasonable to view on the Fuze, the screen is too small and too low in resolution for video.

I agree. I wish they had left off video as well though. While still pictures are reasonable to view on the Fuze, the screen is too small and too low in resolution for video.

Maybe my eyesight is better then I thought because I like the screen for video.  I have over 20 movies on various cards and enjoy watching them.  I don’t have many photos, as that’s not hugely important to me, but I have a few and they are clear as can be.

Games would be another added bonus to the Fuze, like the FM radio and recording and card slot.

I disagree with the comment about the screen resolution and size. i purchased a Sansa Fuze for Christmas and since then bought the movie transformers online (legaly) and transfered it the the player. When i watched the movie i couldn’t believe how good the graphics were. The player also minimizes the objects in the movie to fit the screen but it looks normal unless you need to see stuff big.

@sparkyx wrote:

I disagree with the comment about the screen resolution and size. i purchased a Sansa Fuze for Christmas and since then bought the movie transformers online (legaly) and transfered it the the player. When i watched the movie i couldn’t believe how good the graphics were. The player also minimizes the objects in the movie to fit the screen but it looks normal unless you need to see stuff big.

Things like movies can be scaled down without much issue, but imagine playing a game other than Solitare or other card games, on there, anything with any graphical force would be to small. And To make the same arguement thats been made a dozen times it would kill the battery.

The people who have the Fuze probably want gapless playback etc. more than UI improvements and Extras like games etc. , however you have to admit that there are a lot more people out there who have Ipods and obviously don’t care about Sound Quality, but would try out the Fuze if the UI was more catchy, and it lots of extras were packed in. So it makes more business sense for SanDisk to invest in the things that draw users in, rather than just the audiophiles.

Personally, I find it better to concentrate on what the device is designed to do: play music better than anything else.  It’s a digital audio player, first and foremost.  Bells and whistles may be cute, but to go down that road, all you’re doing is emulating the competition, rather than doing things better.

The Sansa Fuze and Clip offer the listener many options in terms of file type and compatibilities.

It doesn’t hurt that the devices look cool, and have excellent controls.  And µSDHC capability for the Fuze is a major bonus.

Bob :smileyvery-happy:

I do agree with neutron_bob, a MP3 Player is a MP3 Player after all.

I first bought a 16gb nano and hated it what a peice of junk. Whats the point of the acclemonters? i wanted a potrable playere for my podcasts in .mp3 .ogg and .flac so i returned the nano and got the 8gb fuze and a 8gb microSD card that saved me $50 over the nano. So i woulnt care or notice if they took away the photoviwer and videoplayer, i do like the cover art. give me the most audio formats folder navagation and gapless playback and ill be happy.

At the risk of being burned as a heretic, I have an iPod Touch 2G (16Gb) as well as a Fuze.

I had an iPod Nano 3G prior to this because it supported games and video, and I had tried a couple of games on it (Sudoku).  the gaming experience was…subpar.  I did like that it could do video, but I didn’t like how much my eyes hurt to watch it on that tiny screen.

Video on the iPod Touch is a much nicer experience, and as for playing games - surprisingly good.  And I like the ability to play audio in the background while running some applications, such as Stanza or the Kindle viewer.

I prefer the versatility the Fuze offers for audio - formats, navigation, etc.  I agree with those who say there is virtue in a device focusing on what it does best. I prefer the Fuze as an audio player, for its wide format support and its eyes-free navigation.  It’s instructive that the iPod Touch is being marketed more as a game machine than an audio player.

The name is a paradox, “touch” being only part of the equation.

I love physical controls, but then I’m biased.  Navigating about on the Touch requires observing that flat plate closely, as the commands are made by touching the requisite part of the screen.  I prefer the physical controls that are more adapted to “touch” than a flat panel.

It might have been more correctly named “look and touch”…

Bob  :stuck_out_tongue:

I guess this will be one of the Fuze’s ongoing disagreements.

I enjoy video on my Fuze. 

My last cell phone had a slightly taller screen and my current cell phone is slightly wider and just a tad taller and on both I enjoyed playing games (the old one had Tetris and this one has Brain Exercises).  On my new one I subscribed to the TV shows and enjoy watching those.

I think games on the Fuze would be a nice addition.  Not a necessary, but nice addition like the vioce recording, FM radio and memory card slot (which the ipod does not have–have no idea why).

well,i wouldnt mind having Pong ported to fuze in all his b&w glory,  i think that adding this features to the fuze eventualy will lead to scroll wheel abuse, and i bet it wasnt design to handle much action…video grame action that is…ok, pong and arkanoid…and…all early arcade games!!!:angry: muhahahahaah…just pong…just pooooonngggggg