Highlighted

Games on the Sansa Fuze

Do you think that there will ever be any games added to the Fuze in a firmware update? Just simple games like pong, tetris, snake, etc...
SanDisk Guru

Re: Games on the Sansa Fuze

Not until the team over at Rockbox cracks the nut and are able to port to the Fuze. If SanDisk had any plans for games on any of their players, they would have already put them on.
SanDisk Guru

I'd love Tempest on the Fuze.  The controls are perfect, with the scroll wheel, super zapper center button...oh yeah.  Now that would be cool indeed, especially with the color LCD.

Bob  Smiley Tongue

SanDisk User

another thing you could add to the fuze to help smash the ipods chrome white shiny armor. Hint Hint sandisk.Smiley Wink

Mark

SanDisk Professor

@markjones12345 wrote:

another thing you could add to the fuze to help smash the ipods chrome white shiny armor. Hint Hint sandisk.Smiley Wink

Mark

Although the new "touch" ipod has games (from the tv commercials I've saw).

Games would be nice on the Fuze.

Is gaming an ultimate purpose of DAPs? Is it related somehow to listening to music? (not to mention the fact that almost every mobile phone has games nowadays, and virtually everyone has a mobile today)
SanDisk Professor

No not the ultimate purpose.  Just a nice added feature. 

SanDisk Professor

I bought the Clip and Fuze specifically because they were tightly focused on music.  Not having games and other non-DAP related features garbaging up the FW was actually a plus for me.  I'd rather see any significant development efforts focused on improving core music features.
SanDisk Guru

"I bought the Clip and Fuze specifically because they were tightly focused on music.  Not having games and other non-DAP related features garbaging up the FW was actually a plus for me.  I'd rather see any significant development efforts focused on improving core music features. "

I agree. I wish they had left off video as well though. While still pictures are reasonable to view on the Fuze, the screen is too small and too low in resolution for video.

SanDisk Professor

I agree. I wish they had left off video as well though. While still pictures are reasonable to view on the Fuze, the screen is too small and too low in resolution for video.

Maybe my eyesight is better then I thought because I like the screen for video.  I have over 20 movies on various cards and enjoy watching them.  I don't have many photos, as that's not hugely important to me, but I have a few and they are clear as can be.

Games would be another added bonus to the Fuze, like the FM radio and recording and card slot.