Games on the Sansa Fuze

@sparkyx wrote:

I disagree with the comment about the screen resolution and size. i purchased a Sansa Fuze for Christmas and since then bought the movie transformers online (legaly) and transfered it the the player. When i watched the movie i couldn’t believe how good the graphics were. The player also minimizes the objects in the movie to fit the screen but it looks normal unless you need to see stuff big.

You’re probably not old with bifocals.

@deadcereal wrote:
You really could say the same thing about phones. What ‘mobile talking device’ doesnt come with a heap of extras? Phones are designed for talking to other people on the go, but they come with cameras, video recoders, audio recorders, most support µSD(HC) cards, and games. They have all that extra fluff and only one extra (only heard of it once, so I am not sure how successful they are or if they even still exist) phone company offers a phone that has NO extra features. I also remember that that companys prices and phones were more expensive than the Verizon or Sprint equivalents with many more features. Phones like had NO EXTRA FEATURES! They were only for talking! Everything these days has extra fluff, there is not much we can do about it. If people want games on their fuze too, fine. Sansa’s major competitors have games, why not just throw some basic popular ones on there? It would make the gamers happy–hey here’s a concept that works! Just make two different firmwares. One with games built in and ‘classic.’ I know I sure as hell wouldn’t be upset if my phone provider started offering free games. And for those of you who argue battery life, DON’T PLAY THEM! If these features drain battery so much, just don’t use them.

I think adding the games, if it is ever done(just say no Sansa! ) , should be optional…because the music lovers will be more inclined to stick to their Clips and even consider ditching their Fuzes if the Fuze gets cluttered up with things they never use. 

@reviewboy wrote:

Mr. Jobs won’t be satisfied until his users stop putting their grubby paws all over his immaculate designs (see: the iPod Shuffle 3G, small enough to swallow and you have to use voice commands to use.)

It doesn’t work off voice controls at all. The buttons to control it are on the headphone cord, and the “voice” tells you what song is playing, if you can figure out how many times and where to squeeze the controls on the headphone cord.

That is EXACTLY why I stated that there could be two firmware versions, one with game support and one without. Or heck, an even better idea, just make it auto detect games on database refresh and with no games, no menu icon. If it finds games, it adds a menu icon. There one firmware. And people who don’t want games, won’t even notice an extra feature ‘cluttering up’ their device.

@marvin_martian wrote:

@reviewboy wrote:

Mr. Jobs won’t be satisfied until his users stop putting their grubby paws all over his immaculate designs (see: the iPod Shuffle 3G, small enough to swallow and you have to use voice commands to use.)

It doesn’t work off voice controls at all. The buttons to control it are on the headphone cord, and the “voice” tells you what song is playing, if you can figure out how many times and where to squeeze the controls on the headphone cord.

even better.

I’ll swallow two and wake up when Apple makes one that will read my mood and load the appropriate playlist without any effort on my part. 

@deadcereal wrote:
That is EXACTLY why I stated that there could be two firmware versions, one with game support and one without. Or heck, an even better idea, just make it auto detect games on database refresh and with no games, no menu icon. If it finds games, it adds a menu icon. There one firmware. And people who don’t want games, won’t even notice an extra feature ‘cluttering up’ their device.

With all the whining going on in here over the firmware not being out yet, do you really want to have them take the extra time to come up with an extra firmware too? :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@deadcereal wrote:

With all the whining going on in here over the firmware not being out yet, do you really want to have them take the extra time to come up with an extra firmware too? :wink:

Amen. 

I even restated that they could even even have just one with an auto-detect games feature. But then again, I really don’t care one way or the other if the fuze gets games. I just hate people who stick to one side and flame the otherside of a topic jsut because its not what they believe. I feel the same way about fanboys…

I would love a firmware with two settings, Basic and Advanced. Basic would look like it looks now, just with Games, Calendar, nicer UI etc., Advanced would do all that, however let you customize everything. All the Audio Parameters, and what goes in the Menu etc.

Also, about taking the iPod Touch out of your pocket: Check out the Cowon S9, it has Hardware Buttons on top for: Play/Pause, Volume, and Song Selection. Also, the best screen (AMOLED), best sound quality, Line-In Recording, Mic-In Recording, Games, Dictionary, Widgets etc. This is just what I recall on the top of my head. 

deadcereal wrote: 
Phones are designed for talking to other people  

You mean people actually use a cell phone to talk to poeple?  With their vocal cords and all?

:wink:

@dalaug234 wrote:

deadcereal wrote: 

You mean people actually use a cell phone to talk to poeple?  With their vocal cords and all?

Like I said, fluff.

@deadcereal wrote:

@dalaug234 wrote:

deadcereal wrote: 

Like I said, fluff.

You’re right, talkign is fluff.

Everyone knows that texting is the way to go!

I think sandisk should have put games on there because they had enough time to put a voice recorder which is about as useful as games. and to those other people who cant see the videos, i think the video quality is great

@jman11322 wrote:
I think sandisk should have put games on there because they had enough time to put a voice recorder which is about as useful as games. and to those other people who cant see the videos, i think the video quality is great

For many people the voice recorder is very useful and very important. I routinely use it at school to record lectures, and at work to record things I want to listen to again later.

@conversionbox wrote:

@jman11322 wrote:

For many people the voice recorder is very useful and very important. I routinely use it at school to record lectures, and at work to record things I want to listen to again later.

I actually have never used the thing to record. Whats the useful range on the fuze? Just wondering.

@deadcereal wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

@jman11322 wrote:

I actually have never used the thing to record. Whats the useful range on the fuze? Just wondering.

I have not really tested it. In my class I’m never any more than 10-15 feet from the Professor (at 15 feet if they talk soft I have to use audacity or something to pump it up but if they talk normal then I can hear it fine), and at work, its inches from my mouth… I have never tested the range beyond that. 

Oh cool! I really thought it didn’t really work past a few feet. Oh well, good to know.

@deadcereal wrote:
Oh cool! I really thought it didn’t really work past a few feet. Oh well, good to know.

If its within a couple of feet… The Quality is much better… Not great but better… The further away the worse it sounds.

thanx