Fuzz shuts down or reboots !

Is there anything that can be part of an MP3 or FLAC file that would cause the Fuzz to reboot? It seems I have some files that cause a shut down when they finish playing. In some cases the unit just reboots in others it takes quite a bit of time before it will restart. Initially I thought it was related to the latest firmware 02.02.28A so I reinstalled the 26A version. Seems not to have made a difference.

I have a 4gb Fuzz with a 4gb card in it. Reformated but made no difference. AS far as I can tell other files and albums play fine.

Any ideas appreciated.

Thanks

Could be a bad tag–or one at the beginning of the next file.

Get mp3tag from here:

Let it add itself to context menus as you install it. Under Tools/Options/Tags/Mpeg set Write to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 and make sure to save that as the default for mp3s.

I don’t know anything about FLAC tags, but mp3tag supports them too. 

Then right-click on on your most recently added folders or files, choose mp3tag to open them, and look at them by highlighting them. See if there are odd characters, long comments with imbedded art, or anything else that looks like it might upset the Sansa, and remove it. 

Save them after you clean them up. It will change the version to ID3v2.3 ISO-8859-1 for mp3s.

That’s the trouble with Fuzz, you’re always picking it out of the belly button. Sorry, I just couldn’t resist. It’s hilarious. :slight_smile: