Fuze won't save my pause points on several files at once after charging...

I listen to a lot of audiobooks/podcasts on my 4 GB fuze. I have an 816 GB card installed which I keep my audiobooks/podcasts on, music files on the 4 GB memory, (although this was still an issue before I had the 16 GB card)

The situation; I can pause the audiobook/podcast in mid chapter (wherever), turn the fuze off. When I turn it back on to listen to it, I can resume at the spot where I paused it.

I can even do this on multiple files at one time - for example, if I pause one podcast, skip to another & listen for awhile, & then return to the first one, I can still resume playback on the first file where I left off. Great, right?

Well, here is the problem;

When the batt. needs recharging & I plug it in to the pc - after the charging is complete & I power it back on, all my “paused/stopped” files are reset. In other words, all my paused/stop areas are lost and the file has to be restarted from the beginning.

I hope that makes sense! has anyone here experienced this problem? Is there a way to fix it?

Thanks!

@katzfuse wrote:

When the batt. needs recharging & I plug it in to the pc - after the charging is complete & I power it back on, all my “paused/stopped” files are reset. In other words, all my paused/stop areas are lost and the file has to be restarted from the beginning.

Sorry, but this is the way it works.

Is this the same for all mp3 players in general, or just with the Fuze? Seems very “lame” to lose the save points after a recharge…there’s got to be a better way…:dizzy_face:

If you re-charge using an AC wall charger, this won’t happen. The issue occurs when you hook up to a computer and a data connection is made. The data connection resets the saved points. :smiley:

Ahh…I see.

I don’t have a wall charger but I suppose I could get one to work around this issue. I would still lose the saved points if I  connect to the pc to add more files though…bummer…