Fuze won't find files without filename extension?

@ewelot wrote:

@qualityaudio wrote:
I assume however that if you navigate to those files through the Folders menu on the Fuze that you will be able to see them then, and possibly play them.

I’m afraid, you wont see them. The folder and file browsing on the Fuze is much different from a normal file manager (Windows explorer and alike). As noted earlier the device scans the FAT during the “database refresh” for files of known types. This is obviously done by checking file extensions as mentioned earlier. It keeps record of these accepted files only. Moreover it remembers a folder name only in case it contains any valid files. That means i.e. it will not even offer to the user a folder which contains txt files only.

I too believe this is done on purpose and I think is indeed a good idea for an mp3 player. On the other hand it would be nice to have more precise information right from the manufacturers side …

Check by yourself to see what really the folder browsing feature is about.

There’s no purpose for the fuze to show a folder that contains files it cannot read.  Displaying those folders will only clutter up the menu and be useless.