Fuze white screen and then no power.

I had a V1 rockboxed fuze. It worked fine for a week, but then it got a white screen with a black sliver in the middle. I figured that rockbox was causing the problem so i uninstalled it (it could still connect just fine). I then tried to update the firmware, and it still had a white screen. I left it for about ten minutes and the screen was off. I tried to turn it on, soft reset it, but it still will not turn on. I was going to format it, but i cannot get it to connect to the computer. I have tried using a wall charger but it still will not power on. it is about one-and-a-half years old with the latest firmware. Please help and thank you in advandce.

EDIT: I think it may just be completely fried. 

Message Edited by The-Anti-iPod on 02-25-2010 08:22 PM

Message Edited by The-Anti-iPod on 02-25-2010 08:23 PM

Message Edited by The-Anti-iPod on 02-25-2010 08:23 PM

Try forcing MSC mode – slide the power switch to hold and press down on the rewind part of the scrollwheel while connecting the fuze to the computer.

It’s possible the screen has died.

As for the non-connect problem, upgrading the firmware may have switched the USB mode.  With the unit off, put on the hold switch and then hold the << button while connecting. That should force the MSC connection. 

No dice. Still not even powering on screen or getting warm like it usually does when it charges