Fuze wants me to format

Hi people.

So I don’t know why, but all of a sudden my fuze is asking me to format it. 

I plugged it into the computer, and it’s when I click the F: (which is my fuze) it tells me 

“The disk in drive F is not formatted. Do you want to format it now?”

The intresting thing is that I have music on the F drive, that still plays when I’m on the fuze. 

What should I do? / Can someone give me step by step instrutions on formatting so I don’t screw up my fuze? (I can’t find my fuze manual, sorry)

Thanks!

So what you are actually saying is that Windows is asking to format your Fuze; your _ Fuze _ does not give this message on its screen under its own power, correct?

This sounds like a USB mode issue, like the setting recently got changed somehow, maybe from a firmware update? Check it and see if it’s the same as it used to be.

Yes, sorry the title is misleading then. When I click the F: drive, Windows is asking me to format the fuze. 

Well what happened was I was plugged into a mac to charge my fuze. While charging, all my music somehow got erased on the F drive (my microsd was untouched). So then later I connect to my regular computer, and for some reason I’m not able to access the fuze. So I browse around the forums, and then switch the fuze to MSC mode. It starts working again and I’m able to put some songs into the fuze. Then later, when I reconnected, I had this formatting issue. 

Any thoughts?

Could it have been switched to Auto Detect? Auto goes to MTP if Windows Media Player 10 or above is present (your Windows computer, unless it still has WMP 9) and to MSC if not (the Mac), and is generally annoying.

If you have backups of your music, format it from the Fuze Settings/System Settings menu, put it in MSC mode, put all your music on that way, and you shouldn’t have problems. 

I will try that and let you know how it goes Black.

EDIT: Seems to be working so far. I’ll let you know if I have any more problems. 

Thanks!

Message Edited by XDLMAO on 07-21-2010 11:30 PM