Fuze shuts off unexpectedly when jostled

Hello! I have been greatly enjoying my Fuze for the few weeks I have had it, but have recently encountered a pretty bad problem.  The device shuts off when i set it down on tables, grasp it too tightly, or even it it moves around in my pocket. I have narrowed it down to the right side (the side with the power/hold switch). I can just lightly tap the right side on a soft surface and this problem will occur. 

Also of note is it returns, not what was playing when it shut off this time, but what was playing when it was last shut down manually.  

I have created a video that illustrates my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAc8WB8PSSw (apologies for the poor quality)

In this example it took a little more force than is usually needed to see this problem, but once it starts up again and I press the Home button, it shuts down once more. 

I tried searching this forum for similiar errors but could not find any duplicate posts. 

Cheers.

If you bought it new, call 1-800-SANDISK and get a replacement. It’s got a loose connection somewhere. If you bought it refurbished, go back to the seller because it’s a lemon.

@sloths wrote:

Hello! I have been greatly enjoying my Fuze for the few weeks I have had it, but have recently encountered a pretty bad problem.  The device shuts off when i set it down on tables, grasp it too tightly, or even it it moves around in my pocket. I have narrowed it down to the right side (the side with the power/hold switch). I can just lightly tap the right side on a soft surface and this problem will occur. 

Also of note is it returns, not what was playing when it shut off this time, but what was playing when it was last shut down manually.  

I have created a video that illustrates my problem:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sAc8WB8PSSw (apologies for the poor quality)

In this example it took a little more force than is usually needed to see this problem, but once it starts up again and I press the Home button, it shuts down once more. 

I tried searching this forum for similiar errors but could not find any duplicate posts. 

Cheers.

That’s a hardware issue already. Return it to the store or call SanDisk to have it RMA