Fuze shows up on computer as 'M200Plus'.

I use a Mac (non- Intel ). I have a Fuze (actually just a circuit board and attached battery now) that shows up in the System Profiler (under OS X 10.5.8 ) as follows:

M200Plus:
  Capacity: 4 MB
  Removable Media: Yes
  Detachable Drive: Yes
  BSD Name: disk5
  Product ID: 0x6200
  Vendor ID: 0x0781  (SanDisk Corporation)
  Version: 4.02
  Serial Number: i 0744703011
  Speed: Up to 480 Mb/sec
  Manufacturer: SanDisk
  Location ID: 0x54440000
  Current Available (mA): 500
  Current Required (mA): 500
  Mac OS 9 Drivers: No
  Partition Map Type: Unknown
  S.M.A.R.T. status: Not Supported

Aside from this, it appears dead.

I can tell from looking at the circuit board that it’s a v2 , since it doesn’t have the square black chip on the front that the v1’s have.

I know from what I’ve read somewhere about other Sansa models that  M200Plus is the name of some core or kernel of all or at least several Sansa models. My question is whether there’s any way to get this back to being a working, or at least partly-working device – even a flash drive ?  Right now it’s useless except for study.

Message Edited by aarons510 on 11-04-2009 05:17 AM

Message Edited by aarons510 on 11-06-2009 08:37 AM

How did you render it so unusable? it’d be good to know in order to suggest some solution.

ssorgatem wrote: 
How did you render it so unusable? it’d be good to know in order to suggest some solution.

I’ve bought a couple of batches of  Fuze s ‘for parts or repair’ on  eBay. This was probably from one of those batches, although this may be one that was more functional, showing up on my computer as an actual drive, before I plugged a bad LCD screen into it. Unfortunately, I haven’t done a thorough job of keeping track of the various units and what changes I’ve made, or tried to make, with them.

Anyway, I’d be curious if anybody else has had this ‘M200Plus’ experience, and what, if anything, were they able to do to get beyond it.

I accidentally marked this as Solved. How do I unmark it?

@aarons510 wrote:
I accidentally marked this as Solved. How do I unmark it?

Click on the Options in the upper right-hand corner of the post. Only you as the OP and/or the Admin/Mod have the option to ‘Un-Accept’ or change the ‘Accepted Solution’. :wink: