Fuze's Audio Jack broken?

Hi@all,

first, excuse my bad English. 

The Problem: My Sansa Fuze worked very fine and I was glad about having him. Last weekend, on a party, I put in the Line-In adapter cable into my Fuze to play some Music on the speakers. Worked fine. 2nd time (1 hour later): put in, choosed song and pushed play. But NO SOUND! The Player shows me, that the song was still going on but there was no output. Then I returned the cable (& turned the Fuze down) and wanted to try with my Earphones (Sennheiser CX 300, works very well!) but the only thing I heard was some low noises instead of Music or these Click-Noises while navigating through the menu. I tried out other Earphones, but it is always the same problem. 

3 Weeks ago, I installed the newest firmware (Fuze Firmware 01.02.26 –> worked fine!). I didn’t retried because the battery is going down in one or two hours and then I have to charge it (that’s another problem!). Want to retry tomorrow.

I even have format my player (in the menu under systempreferrences), but no solution!

It doesn’t matter which volume I choose, it’s always the same noise! ;-(

Is the Audio Jack broken?

Please help me! 

Message Edited by foley92 on 04-22-2009 12:34 PM

How old is your Fuze?  sounds like a physical problem, so your best bet would be to return it for a new one. 

I bought it in February 28.

I think so, too.

Return to Sandisk or Amazon (I bought it there)?

Message Edited by foley92 on 04-22-2009 09:57 PM

Now I’m setting up the new firmware. Let’s see.

UPDATE: No changes :frowning:

Lol, battery turned in 3 minutes from 60% to 47%. 

Message Edited by foley92 on 04-22-2009 10:06 PM

@foley92 wrote:

I bought it in February 28.

I think so, too.

Return to Sandisk or Amazon (I bought it there)?

Message Edited by foley92 on 04-22-2009 09:57 PM

I’d try Amazon first.

I have returned stuff to both Amazon (UK) and SanDisk.

Both were successful, but Amazon was much faster.

Also, Amazon don’t need proof of purchase & photos of the broken device - Sandisk wanted both of these before they gave me an RMA.