Fuze or Clip+ for my wife?

Hi Black-Rectangle,

Thanks a lot for keying in all of that information! It clears up the questions I had.

Regarding loading a microSD card on the computer and handing it to my wife, I have a SanDisk Image Mate 12-in-1 unit but it doesn’t support microSD cards so I’ll have to buy a microSD to SD adapter.  Thanks for triggering the adapter purchase idea.

While lurking more on this forum, I did see a post that advised against using Kingston 8 GB class-4 cards so I’ll not buy any Kingston cards for the Fuze.  I will search the forum for microSD cards I want to buy before I purchase them per your suggestion.

Yes, I am using an iRiver mp3 player now for listening to talk radio while walking.  I download the broadcasts in mp3 format on my computer and then drag them into the appropriate folders in the iRiver using the iRiver Manager software.  

Thanks a lot for explaining the MSC and MTP modes used on the Fuze.  I saw them mentioned in some posts but never really understood them until your post.

I was planning to use Windows Media Player to drag music from CDs “directly” into the Fuze.  I’m under the impression that WMP will automatically convert the CD files to mp3 files to be compatible with the Fuze.  But I hadn’t thought of Windows Media Player and DRM preventing that.  I’ll search the forum for another program that can convert CD audio files to mp3 and use MSC mode like you to accomplish my goal.

Thanks a lot!
Sky