Fuze or Clip+ for my wife?

My vote is for the fuze.

The fuze’s display is almost double that of the clip+ with a 24 hour max battery life compared to 15 hours for the clip+.

IMO navigating the various menus is straightforward.  You can check this thread, it’ll have a link to the User Manual, to get an idea of what the various menus are like and how they work.  It’ll also have pictures of what will be on the display as you go through the different menus.

The text size is pretty much the same as in a paperback book.  As for photo thumbnails, they’re very tiny so she’ll have to either use her glasses or a magnifying glass, as I want to do at times.  The thumbnails will be displayed 4 across by 3 down on a 1.9 inch screen.  She can access photos through a list of photo names too.

The clip+ isn’t made to display photos nor video.

If you choose the fuze for her, I recommend also getting a screen protector and a case for it.  The screen and body can be easily scratched.

The only button that may be a little difficult to use, especially with a case on the player, is the power/hold button on the side.  It slides up and down.  It doesn’t stick out very far and I usually have to use my thumbnail to move it.