Fuze on AC Power

I will be using my Fuze quite a lot at work.  I bought an AC Adapter with a USB port and plan to plug in a Sansa cable to keep it plugged in while listening to it all day.  My question is when it is plugged in, is it running off of AC power or does it still drain the battery?  I notice that after it completes the charge, the charging icondisappears and it just shows the battery bar.  I worry that since I use it for 5 to 6 hours a day at work, I will kill the battery quickly as I did in my e200 (before Ibought a second cable and a replacement battery…).  Thanks for the help.

When on AC power it will charge the battery,  then run on AC power.  No worry about draining the battery.

Thats just what I wanted to hear.  Thanks.

this might be a stupid question but will there be a problem with battery life if i constantly charge the battery?

Good question.  No problem,  since the charging stops when the battery is full :).

you only get so many charge cycles before battery life starts declining.

@sansafix wrote:
When on AC power it will charge the battery,  then run on AC power.  No worry about draining the battery.

I’ve had the opposite results. I used a USB supply to charge and power the Fuze while traveling this week. When I plugged it in it showed charging. I left in on all night and when I woke up the next morning the battery was almost dead. I unplugged and replugged it and it began charging again. This happened more than once. So it appears that my V2 Fuze with the .17 firmware will NOT run on AC, the adapter only charges the battery. Once the battery is charged it begins draining again.