Fuze keeps turning on and shutting off automatically

One day, as I turned it on  the device showed 0% battery and shut off despite the fact that the previous day it was at least on half life.
I plugged it into the computer. It kept losing the USB BUT it wasn’t a connection fault because the device shut off every time. It happened in every 20 seconds.
I plugged out having it half charged.
It kept turning on and shutting off all on itself! It turned on, main menu, 2 seconds then shut off. Turned on, main menu, 2 seconds and shut off and so on…
Furthermore, it only reacted to the scroll bar and when I pushed a button it didn’t react. Also didn’t react for switching the on/off switch.
I tried to reset it. I kept the on/off switch for more then 20 seconds and NOTHING happened…
It kept turning off and shutting off on itself for the half of the night till it finally reached 0% battery…

What on earth could be the problem? I guess it’s not a connection problem, more like some hardware fault. I keep it in a bag in soft case, no dropping before, no ANY physical damage.

Probably best to call SanDisk Tech Support. If it’s defective, they can arrange a warranty replacement (provided it is still within the warranty period).

Did you, by some unlikely chance, get it wet. I once heard of someone’s car doing something similar, appearently because some computer chip was wet.

@halonachos117 wrote:

Did you, by some unlikely chance, get it wet. I once heard of someone’s car doing something similar, appearently because some computer chip was wet.

Yeah, I could see where that could happen . . .

:smileyvery-happy:

Well, too bad no one has responded further in the past 5 months.  My player is now having the same exact problem as described by the original poster.  Mine started while I was running - had the fuze in the rubber sleeve around my arm, and I was sweating, so perhaps there is something to the “getting wet” theory.  No other answers???

If you think it may have gotten wet, turning it on and off could short it out. Don’t do that any more.

Be patient and leave it alone to dry out… Put it in a jar with some uncooked rice, to draw out the moisture, and forget  about it for 3 or 4 days. Then try to turn it on again, connect it, recharge it, etc.

I doubt very much you’re going to sweat enough (and on your arm especially) to short anything out inside a silicone or rubber protective case and the hard plastic casing of the Fuse itself.

I had this problem for a while, and tried wiping the switch with electical contact cleaner (Radio Shack) on a Q-Tip.  That worked briefly, but the problem kept coming bck.  Eventually, before I sent it to landfill, I tried squirting the stuff directly into the top of the switch slider.  The stuff blew around a bit (cleaned up with a paper towel), but it fixed the problem.