Highlighted
SanDisk User

Fuze in Hebrew

Hi all,

I was thinking about getting the fuze - and I noticed there is a firmware upgrade for hebrew... is there a way to make my north american fuze have hebrew?  Is there support for hebrew file names?

Seems like a nice unit played with it in the store..

Thanks

Highlighted

Re: Fuze in Hebrew

I can't speak to your whole issue, but I do have Ofra Haza's Shaday album on my Fuze and the artist name shows up in Hebrew (though all the song names are English or transliteration).

Shalom,

Zymurgeek

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

yes you can put the hebrew firmware on the NA fuze and with the hebrew firmware it should support hebrew song names
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

This is independent of the firmware. The Fuze has Unicode support and can therefore display all the worlds languages, as long as the internal font supports it. I don't know if the fonts are different across the various regional firmwares, but my European Fuze can display the Greek, Cyrillic and Hebrew alphabets, and probably all special characters used in Latin-based European alphabets from Western, Central and Eastern Europe (I was too lazy to test all characters). The Arabic alphabet is not implemented though, Arabic characters only appear as rectangles on the Fuze.

p.s.: the Thai alphabet is also implemented, but not the Armenian, Georgian and Laotioan alphabets. 

Message Edited by Darhak on 11-21-2008 12:12 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk User

Thanks for the info I really appricate it - I just don't have time to rename all my files and tags so if it supports Hebrew then I think the Fuze is for me...
Highlighted

Well I just bought my fuze in Israel, copied a song with hebrew title and I only get jibrish displayed by the player. Evidently the fonts are missing on this device. How do I update that? anyone got a link?

Thanks in advance!

Joel

Highlighted

Well I just bought my fuze in Israel, copied a song with hebrew title and I only get jibrish displayed by the player. Evidently the fonts are missing on this device. How do I update that? anyone got a link?

Thanks in advance!

Joel

Highlighted

Found the solution with the MANUAL update procedure only (updater is not working properly).

It is described in details at: http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board/message?board.id=sansafuse&thread.id=4880 

Highlighted
SanDisk User

[ Edited ]
Sorry for sounding dense - but I can't seem to find the solution for the garbled letters? I looked through that thread - although it is long so I might have missed it - could you tell me what the solution is - I have the same problem - garbled letters.. I did the firmware upgrade manually - putting the bin file in the root of the player.. funny I did not have this problem before the firmware upgrade - the letters were correct but backwards at least then I could tell which song was which ... now it is garbled.

Thanks

Message Edited by nech770 on 11-25-2008 09:46 AM
Highlighted

[ Edited ]

Fuze support Hebrew,i did it in my fuze .

fuze will show hebrew when the uncoding is  UTF-16 format (the UTF-8 will give GIBRISH ) and by my experience it will work in ID3v1 & ID3v2.

For showing hebrew in the fuze you need to do the next things :

1. Download the program REVERSEIT Link ,it will reverse the letters in the tags **saving will change the orginal file, work on a copy**

2. Use the Mp3tag software  Link, after installing run the program and enter the option section (under tools)  

2.1  in the option section you will see a tag menu ,under write mark the UTF-16 option .

2.2  put in the program the songs you want for the fuze, do a check : the hebrew tags need to be reversed letters.

2.3  then go to file -> save tag **saving will change the orginal file, work on a copy** .

2.4 the program will save the tags so you could see hebrew in the fuze

3. copy the new files to your fuze.

Hope it will work for you .

yuval

Message Edited by uvalh on 11-26-2008 01:14 AM