Fuze hangs in a loop when connecting to different earphone plugs

I searched but did not find (even i remember havings read something about it)

my fuze works fine with may sony earphones

but ! as soon, as i connect it in my car with a fine goldplated 3,5 stereoJack …

its just making tick-tick-tick-tick

did anyone got that problem solved by other means than just choosing the earphone and plug, that works well?

e.g. got it repaired or exchanged by sansa?

Sounds like the trouble may be in your 3.5mm jumper cable.  I would try another one, or try playing the Fuze while varying the insertion depth of the plug.  Not all plugs are exactly alike.  I’ve heard of some headphones having issues, necessitating the addition of a small O-ring on the plug, holding it out silghtly, and cases where the plug isn’t fully seated.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

i have tried that …

strangely enough it start “hanging” when the plug is only halfways in, 

and to pull it out a little bit doesnt help really …

any more comments and experiences welcome

Two possibilities I can think of.

1. It’s not really plugged in all the way.  (Try pushing REAL hard, it can be tight).

2. If you are also using a cigarette lighter power supply, you may be having a ground-loop problem. The car ground is causing noise in the audio. Try unplugging the power source. If the problem goes away you need a ground loop isolator. 

(2. If you are also using a cigarette lighter power supply, you may be having a ground-loop problem. The car ground is causing noise in the audio. Try unplugging the power source. If the problem goes away you need a ground loop isolator. )

I think you answered the question I didnt ask yet:stuck_out_tongue:…I use an FM transmitter to listen to my fuse in the truck. When I try to charge the fuse while listening, the music goes away and all I can hear is a ticking sound. At first I thought it was the Fuse picking up noise from charging; but it plays fine charging with the earbuds. So maybe this isolator will work to stop the noise the fm transmitter picks up. It also doesn’t matter what frequency it is set too, same skipping/ticking noise with no music at all no matter how much volume you use.

aha!?

maybe we get to the ground of this problem …

i am not using a charger - so no ground loop …

@truex: its a ticking sound, like a cd thats scratched, but no music at all in between - just this tick-tick-tick-tick ???

if its like this, then there must be a shortcut through the plug?

(i will try this out, as soon as i have more plugs to experiment)

@narf: no possible pushing further in …

i do also remember people solving the problem with an o-ring

and i also remember many more people with this problem …

it also happened once, when i tried 300US$ Shure headphones, once in the states

i am gonna write an email to sansa also

okay okay - shame on me

after trying to figure out, how a plug can produce a short cut …

i opened it once again - and yes, there was a small copperfibre from the ground shortcircuiting one channel …

thanks a lot

(Still i wonder why the same thing happened with the shure phones)

never´mind