Fuze doesn't see podcasts but I know they're there

Ah, that explains it. I never use Recently Added because even in my E260 it would not give me reliable results. I always just go to the album or track.

I still think it’s odd that you got a security warning for the mp3tag site, but c’est la vie.  And I really do think it’s an impressive program, especially for freeware.

I run everything that goes onto the Fuze through mp3tag as a matter of course–highlight, Auto-Numbering for tracks if it’s an album (with Leading Zeros, under Tools), Save.  Seconds per album, and no tagging problems.

With mp3tag you can also see if the tagging is consistent through an album. Hip-hop albums often have screwy Artist listings because it’s Jay-Z feat. Kid Cudi, Jay-Z feat. Alicia Keys, etc.–all listed as different Artists on an mp3 player. And of course, if the original tagger misspelled the Album title on a track, you get a different album…Anyway, I’ve found mp3tag useful and sensible, and I haven’t even plunged into some of its capabilities.

Even legitimately acquired albums can have bad tags because of human error somewhere, or because of the little differences between Apple and Micro$oft. With things like podcasts, you never know what the tags will be unless you look at them.

Computers are stupid but consistent. The Fuze, with its tiny brain, is even stupider but also consistent. As long as it gets tags it likes, it’s easy to use.