SanDisk User

Fuze bugs that were probably not mentioned before...

[ Edited ]

Hi Guys!

I really like Fuze, this is actually my favorite MP3 player because is so simple to use and easy to upload music. The best thing about Fuze is that there is not need to install third party software in order to upload music; if you have Windows Media Player is good enough.

I'm currently using the latest firmware version which is: 1.01.15 and I thought that the new firmware will fix some bugs that I was experiencing but these bugs are still there.

Here are three mayor bugs that I experienced more than 10 times, that’s why I believe is a bug. I tried to format my device and just upload 10 songs to see if this makes any difference but it didn’t… I still experience the following mayor bugs:

1: The volume sometimes increase very high with not reason, without me manually increasing the volume, this is disturbing because it hurts my ears. I noticed that this happens when I turn my fuze ON (just sometimes). In order for me to get the volume to normal I have to wait few seconds or just manually decrease the volume.

Note: When the volume increase without reason I don’t see the volume bar on the device to be increase, what I mean with this is that I just hear the music really loud.

2: I like to hear music while I’m doing my homework, so I let my Fuze play one of my playlists by it self and I noticed that sometimes when the device is playing a song from the playlist it skips to the next song when the preview song is NOT finish yet.

3:  I noticed that the plus sign in the volume control is different from the negative sign. I believe the plus sign has two more bars.

Other two problems that don’t happen often, so I consider this minor issues:

4: Refreshing media player screen takes longer than before to refresh media player data base.

5: I noticed that my Fuze sometimes freeze without reason, I need to force it to shut down in order to use it again.

Well guys, sorry for my bad English. I just wanted to report these bugs and help SansaFix have a good MP3 player. I hope you people consider these issues and fix them in the next release.

Message Edited by jcroot on 10-25-2008 09:46 PM
jmr
SanDisk User

Re: Fuze bugs that were probably not mentioned before...

@jcroot wrote:
1: The volume sometimes increase very high with not reason, without me manually increasing the volume, this is disturbing because it hurts my ears. I noticed that this happens when I turn my fuze ON (just sometimes). In order for me to get the volume to normal I have to wait few seconds or just manually decrease the volume.

Note: When the volume increase without reason I don’t see the volume bar on the device to be increase, what I mean with this is that I just hear the music really loud.

I've experienced that bug before, but I've never had it happen just after turning on the Fuze.  Loopty managed to determine that it happens you turn the wheel and press right (skip foward) at the same time, but I guess there are other combinations and situations that can cause it.   Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

SanDisk User

[ Edited ]

@jmr wrote:

@jcroot wrote:

I've experienced that bug before, but I've never had it happen just after turning on the Fuze.  Loopty managed to determine that it happens you turn the wheel and press right (skip foward) at the same time, but I guess there are other combinations and situations that can cause it.   Hopefully this gets fixed soon!

I'm glad I'm not the only one with this problem. I will try your suggestion and see what happens. I hope this bug will get fix! this is really annoy
Message Edited by jcroot on 10-25-2008 09:45 PM
nrc

@jcroot wrote:

2: I like to hear music while I’m doing my homework, so I let my Fuze play one of my playlists by it self and I noticed that sometimes when the device is playing a song from the playlist it skips to the next song when the preview song is NOT finish yet.

Does this happen on the same files every time and in the same place, or does it seem to be random?   If it's the former then it could be a problem (or just an incompatibility) in the file.

SanDisk User

@nrc wrote:

@jcroot wrote:

Does this happen on the same files every time and in the same place, or does it seem to be random?   If it's the former then it could be a problem (or just an incompatibility) in the file.

This seems to happen random, I think is a bug or something similar...

I also have this problem!

It used to happen more often, but it is still happening.

I get so scared it will happen when I change a song, that now I take out the ear phones when I change a song.

Any way to fix it?

- Amelia

Black Sansa Fuze 8gb, December 2008
SanDisk Guru

@Tacoma wrote:

I also have this problem!

It used to happen more often, but it is still happening.

I get so scared it will happen when I change a song, that now I take out the ear phones when I change a song.

Any way to fix it?

Which problem? There are a couple different ones mentioned in this thread. If you're going to bump an old, old thread like this, at least quote the message you're responding to so we have an idea how to help you. Smiley Wink

iPod Touch 5G 32GB, Touch 4G 32GB, Clip Sport 8GB.
Rockbox-> Clip Zip 4GB, iPod Nano 2G 4GB, iPod 5.5G 80GB
2012 Nexus 7 32GB, Asus MeMoPad 8 16+64GB, LG Optimus G Pro, Nokia Lumia 900, Nokia Lumia 520

SanDisk Fanatic

Upgrade to the newest firmware! For me it's v01.02.26..  George
*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..

^ Is the problem I'm having.

- Amelia

Black Sansa Fuze 8gb, December 2008
SanDisk Fanatic

@Tacoma wrote:

^ Is the problem I'm having.

Make sure you have the latest firmware, they fixed this issue in it.

DAPs: Fuze 8GB+16GB for office, Meizu miniPlayer 4GB for the car, Clip 8GB for walking around.
Headphones:: Sleek Audio SA-6 (treble ++), Koss KSC75 modded, Grado SR-80i, Grado-225.