Fuze bugs that were probably not mentioned before...

@donp wrote:

I don’t know anything about staffing at Sandisk, but based on places I have worked, it could mean that some existng staff changes need to be undone.

Whatever it takes. I just find it hard to understand how these bugs made it through the entire firmware writing process and through the Quality Assurance testing cycle without being discovered, yet when the update is finally released bugs are being reported by people here on the forum on Day 1! SanDisk even took an extra week over the projected release date to insure it was ready!

If I were the head of that development team, or whoever was responsible for releasing this update like this, I would be extremely embarrassed.

Even more so, when you consider the firmware history of Sansa players. This is just another in a long time of players and/or firmware updates reaching the market beofre they are ready for ‘prime-time’. Even SanDisk’s latest offering, the SlotRadio player was introduced just a few weeks ago. Within 4 days of it hitting the market, there was a firmware update posting here on the forum for it!

The ‘Bugs Fixed’ list is extensive; and there are still several ‘Known Issues’ (bugs that didn’t get fixed). And all of this for a brand-new to the market piece of electronics.

Is it too much to ask that firmware updates do what they claim to do, without introducing more bugs to fix in ‘a future update’, in essence dangling a carrot in front of the noses of Sansa owners like the donkey in the harness?