Fuze and Bundled Software?

Hi,

Just bought a Fuze. No software in box, is there supposed to be bundled software?  If not, then how does one convert video to play in the Fuze?

Well, I only got refurbed Fuzes, but some of those were NOS (new old stock v1’s), and they come in OEM white-box packaging. No bundled software.

Only thing you need is the Sansa Updater (or something like that). It’s somewhere on the Sandisk.com site. That allows you to download the manual, get firmware upgrades, and to immerse in the rarified joy that is the wonder of the Sansa Media Converter (SMC). It’s a “putting hair on your chest” experience, as me mum would say. I think everyone should try it at least once, if only to know what real suffering is about.

use sansa media converter to sync videos to your fuze(make sure videos are in AVI format, if not then use “any video conveter” to convert the video to AVI format)

download link here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_any_video_converter/

to sync music I recommend media monkey

download link here: http://www.filehippo.com/download_mediamonkey/

To send the video to your Fuze, it needs to be in the proper “container”.  To do this, there are several ways.  The first is to download and install the Sansa Updater, which gives you access to the Sansa Media Converter.

Check out this link for instructions on installing the SMC.

The other methods are a little different, and involve a customized program called Video4Fuze.  This handy application processes the audio and video automatically for the Sansa.

The last method is to install the Rhapsody client (you don’t have to subscribe), and use the Import Video function.

In any case, should you run into any issues, or have any questions, feel free to ask us here!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

It might be a better idea to JUST download Sansa Media Converter, as the updater seems to cause nothing but trouble.  You don’t need to have the updater to install SMC and can upgrade the firmware manually.

summerlove wrote:
It might be a better idea to JUST download Sansa Media Converter, as the updater seems to cause nothing but trouble.  You don’t need to have the updater to install SMC and can upgrade the firmware manually.

If only that were possible. Yes, you know have to use the Sansa Updater (as of a couple months ago) in order to get SMC. Sandisk had to pull all the direct download links to it, so they could track the number of downloads for accurate codec royalty paymnets.

But you can update the firmware manually, so once you get SMC you can delete the nag-ware . . . err, umm, I mean Updater. :stuck_out_tongue:

summerlove wrote:
It might be a better idea to JUST download Sansa Media Converter, as the updater seems to cause nothing but trouble.  You don't need to have the updater to install SMC and can upgrade the firmware manually.

If only that were possible. Yes, you know have to use the Sansa Updater (as of a couple months ago) in order to get SMC. Sandisk had to pull all the direct download links to it, so they could track the number of downloads for accurate codec royalty payments.

But you can update the firmware manually, so once you get SMC you can delete the nag-ware . . . err, umm, I mean Updater. :stuck_out_tongue:

@tapeworm wrote:

@summerlove wrote:

If only that were possible. Yes, you know have to use the Sansa Updater (as of a couple months ago) in order to get SMC. Sandisk had to pull all the direct download links to it, so they could track the number of downloads for accurate codec royalty payments.

Seriously??? I used SMC once and deleted it.  It’s not good… 

There is no chance I would ever install the updater. Ever. So I guess SMC is lost to me forever. What a shame.