Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

Re: Fuze Volumn

[ Edited ]

"On small size vs longer batt life: Small size will win out every time, as it's easier to sell a smaller MP3 player than it is to tout one with long battery life. "

Perhaps to you, but not to me and others like myself who want long battery life. We don't want huge players though. Even with the long battery life, we still expect a player to fit in a typical shirt pocket. A player the same size as the Fuze in 2 dimensions but twice as thick could probably give 75-100 hours of battery life if its is designed efficiently. It would still easily fit in a typical shirt pocket.

"Speaking of selling, I'm surprised that the Fuze hasn't had a replacement already. It's been on the market for a couple of years now."

The Fuze is still competative with other players, while the View is older and much more outdated than the Fuze. I would like to see a replacement for the View well before a replacement for the Fuze. Sandisk needs a high capacity player with a large screen that is good at playing video as well as music. I hope such a player has a full sized SDXC card slot, AM/FM HD radio,  at least 50 hour play time for music, and a touch screen that is at least 3".

Imo the Fuze might be replaced with an updated version that is very similar to it, somewhat like the Clip+ that replacing the Clip.

Message Edited by JK98 on 01-04-2010 02:41 PM
Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

I really like the E5 amplifier for big 'phones.  It's very slim, and has a bass boost position too:

I agree, a thicker Sansa Fuze with a big bwana battery would be great, especially with the ever-increasing µSDHC capability. A bigger battery makes increasing the gain a natural upgrade; with more capacity it won't be a detraction from the overall product.

Come to think of it, I really like the aluminum casing on the E5...if the Sansa had a similar frame, Bob's your uncle!

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

neutron_bob wrote:

...if the Sansa had a similar frame, Bob's your uncle!

Bob  Smiley Very Happy

Hopefully not THIS uncle:

Although hangin' all over Miss Funicello wouldn't be all that bad! Smiley Tongue

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 04-21-2010 07:10 AM
Highlighted

Have just purchased the Fuze 8Gb, and although I like the player enormously I'm less than happy that it doesn't have enough power to drive adequately a pair of classic Sennheisers HD-201s (only 24 ohm), yet a Shuffle or £15 Flash-stick player does! So my only options are to buy 16 ohm headphones, unless I can be sure that anything with a higher-rating than that will suit the Fuze, or spend money on a bulky amplfier! Very, very disappointing, SanDisk... you should be able to do better than this.