Fuze Audio

The headphone jack in my fuze has a bad connection. It seems to switch between one channel and two channels frequently which makes it hard to listen to. Is there a place to send it to be repaired?

It’s not cost-effective for anyone to try and repair these things. Have you recently changed headphones? I know on new units we hear this complaint a lot; the jack is extrememly tight and the plug usually isn’t inserted all the way. Sometimes you have to twist while pushing very hard to get it to seat completely.

If you have new phones (or if the Fuze is new), this might also be the case. If not, it sounds like the jack has a loose connection. Unfortunately, there’s not much you can do is a case like this.

Unfortunately, the headphone jack in the Fuze is one of its weakest points.

If you’ve had it for a while, and especially if you’re used to storing it with the headphone cord wrapped around the Fuze–which puts pressure on the jack–it’s probably done for. I killed one that way.  

I used it with an armband and would elevate one side, putting pressure on the headphone plug. I think this is what caused the problem. thanks.

In that case, would be cost effective to buy a new head phone then instead of buying a new unit. 

@hirsche wrote:

In that case, would be cost effective to buy a new head phone then instead of buying a new unit. 

What good is that goig to do, when it’s the jack inside the player that’s failed? :confounded: