SanDisk User

Re: Fuze 4gb -or- Fuze 2gb plus 4gb sdhc

>> I think the class is irrelevant for playback. With a camera, you are cramming images onto the poor little card at many MB per second. The faster it can process them, the better.  It might take you infinitesimally longer to load a video onto a class 2 card, but once it's there, playback is easy.  However, I have seen reports that for some reason Kingston cards and video are not beloved by Sansa players, so you might be better off with a different brand.<<

I read some posts that said class 2 cards might be marginal for video playback and other posts that said, like you said, the class is irrelevant for playback.  The SanDisk 8GB class-2 card for $13 looks tempting but I do want the flexibility to put video on cards for my wife.  The "infinitesimally longer to load video on a class 2 card" part doesn't sound too good so for both reasons I guess I'll stick with class-4 or class-6 cards.

Thanks,
Sky

SanDisk Guru

[ Edited ]

@Skyglider wrote:
>> I think the class is irrelevant for playback. With a camera, you are cramming images onto the poor little card at many MB per second. The faster it can process them, the better.  It might take you infinitesimally longer to load a video onto a class 2 card, but once it's there, playback is easy.  However, I have seen reports that for some reason Kingston cards and video are not beloved by Sansa players, so you might be better off with a different brand.<<

I read some posts that said class 2 cards might be marginal for video playback and other posts that said, like you said, the class is irrelevant for playback.  The SanDisk 8GB class-2 card for $13 looks tempting but I do want the flexibility to put video on cards for my wife.  The "infinitesimally longer to load video on a class 2 card" part doesn't sound too good so for both reasons I guess I'll stick with class-4 or class-6 cards.

Thanks,
Sky

Since you've decided on a class 4 or 6 card, can you please report back on what your impressions are?  Whether it makes a difference in a faster transfer time for videos and how good video playback is.

Just for a comparison, on my class 2 card, a 10 min 48 sec video, 49.3 mb, took 2 min 1 sec to transfer using SMC.  On the internal memory, it took 6 sec less time to transfer.

I find video playback on the card to be fine.  No different than from the internal memory.

My card is a sandisk one.

Message Edited by mags1230 on 10-04-2009 05:55 PM
SanDisk User

Since you've decided on a class 4 or 6 card, can you please report back on what your impressions are?  Whether it makes a difference in a faster transfer time for videos and how good video playback is.

Just for a comparison, on my class 2 card, a 10 min 48 sec video, 49.3 mb, took 2 min 1 sec to transfer using SMC.  On the internal memory, it took 6 sec less time to transfer.

I find video playback on the card to be fine.  No different than from the internal memory.

Sure, will be glad to report my experiences.

Thanks,

Sky

SanDisk Guru

@Skyglider wrote:

Sure, will be glad to report my experiences.

Thanks,

Sky

Thanks in advance. Smiley Happy