Fuze 4gb -or- Fuze 2gb plus 4gb sdhc

Ready to pull the trigger on a Fuze for my wife.  For you experienced Fuze users, would you buy a:

1. Fuze 4GB ($55.50)

2. Fuze 2GB ($42.95) plus a Transcend 4GB class 6 microSD card with adapter ($10.99) = $53.94

Choice-2 ends up with 6GB and costs less than a 4GB Fuze.

Knowing what you’ve experienced with your Fuze, which would you buy?

Thanks,

Sky

@skyglider wrote:

Ready to pull the trigger on a Fuze for my wife.  For you experienced Fuze users, would you buy a:

1. Fuze 4GB ($55.50)

1. Fuze 2GB ($42.95) plus a Transcend 4GB class 6 microSD card with adapter ($10.99) = $53.94

Choice-2 ends up with 6GB and costs less than a 4GB Fuze.

Knowing what you’ve experienced with your Fuze, which would you buy?

Thanks,

Sky

You can find a SanDisk 8GB card for about $14 on Amazon.com. It’s class 2, but you’d never know the difference. I had a 4GB Fuze with one of these 8GB cards for almost a year, and it worked perfectly. So for under $60 you could get her a 10 GB Fuze. :wink:

Refurbished 4GB Fuse + charger NewEgg $39.99. All my refurbs have been great… 

I put all of my rotating music onto the MicroSD card, which I can also put into my BlackBerry or other device. So yes, put the $$ on the memory card and get the 2GB Fuze.

Marvin, Bucko and Black-Rectangle,

Thanks for your responses.  I need to buy a brand new Fuze since it is a gift for my wife so a refubished one with possible scratches won’t

work.  I’ll go with a 2GB Fuze and a 4GB or 8GB microSD card.  If she wants video playback, the 4GB class-6.  If just music and photos,

then the 8GB class-2.

Thanks,

Sky

I put video on my external card.  Works fine.

>> I put video on my external card.  Works fine.<<

What class is your external card?

@skyglider wrote:

>> I put video on my external card.  Works fine.<<

What class is your external card?

I’m pretty sure that all classes play back just fine…the different class speed only comes into play when you’re adding content to the card. The same amount of data would load a little faster with a class 6, as opposed to a class 2. I’m not 100% sure, so hopefully someone else will chime in. 

I think the class is irrelevant for playback. With a camera, you are cramming images onto the poor little card at many MB per second. The faster it can process them, the better.

It might take you infinitesimally longer to load a video onto a class 2 card, but once it’s there, playback is easy.

However, I have seen reports that for some reason Kingston cards and video are not beloved by Sansa players, so you might be better off with a different brand. 

>> I’m pretty sure that all classes play back just fine…the different class speed only comes into play when you’re adding content to the card. The same amount of data would load a little faster with a class 6, as opposed to a class 2. I’m not 100% sure, so hopefully someone else will chime in. <<

From your response, I assume you are using a card with a class higher than 2.

Thanks for taking the time,

Sky

>> I think the class is irrelevant for playback. With a camera, you are cramming images onto the poor little card at many MB per second. The faster it can process them, the better.  It might take you infinitesimally longer to load a video onto a class 2 card, but once it’s there, playback is easy.  However, I have seen reports that for some reason Kingston cards and video are not beloved by Sansa players, so you might be better off with a different brand.<<

I read some posts that said class 2 cards might be marginal for video playback and other posts that said, like you said, the class is irrelevant for playback.  The SanDisk 8GB class-2 card for $13 looks tempting but I do want the flexibility to put video on cards for my wife.  The “infinitesimally longer to load video on a class 2 card” part doesn’t sound too good so for both reasons I guess I’ll stick with class-4 or class-6 cards.

Thanks,
Sky

@skyglider wrote:
>> I think the class is irrelevant for playback. With a camera, you are cramming images onto the poor little card at many MB per second. The faster it can process them, the better.  It might take you infinitesimally longer to load a video onto a class 2 card, but once it’s there, playback is easy.  However, I have seen reports that for some reason Kingston cards and video are not beloved by Sansa players, so you might be better off with a different brand.<<

I read some posts that said class 2 cards might be marginal for video playback and other posts that said, like you said, the class is irrelevant for playback.  The SanDisk 8GB class-2 card for $13 looks tempting but I do want the flexibility to put video on cards for my wife.  The “infinitesimally longer to load video on a class 2 card” part doesn’t sound too good so for both reasons I guess I’ll stick with class-4 or class-6 cards.

Thanks,
Sky

Since you’ve decided on a class 4 or 6 card, can you please report back on what your impressions are?  Whether it makes a difference in a faster transfer time for videos and how good video playback is.

Just for a comparison, on my class 2 card, a 10 min 48 sec video, 49.3 mb, took 2 min 1 sec to transfer using SMC.  On the internal memory, it took 6 sec less time to transfer.

I find video playback on the card to be fine.  No different than from the internal memory.

My card is a sandisk one.

Message Edited by mags1230 on 10-04-2009 05:55 PM

Since you’ve decided on a class 4 or 6 card, can you please report back on what your impressions are?  Whether it makes a difference in a faster transfer time for videos and how good video playback is.

Just for a comparison, on my class 2 card, a 10 min 48 sec video, 49.3 mb, took 2 min 1 sec to transfer using SMC.  On the internal memory, it took 6 sec less time to transfer.

I find video playback on the card to be fine.  No different than from the internal memory.

Sure, will be glad to report my experiences.

Thanks,

Sky

@skyglider wrote:

Sure, will be glad to report my experiences.

Thanks,

Sky

Thanks in advance. :smiley: