Reply
Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

[ Edited ]

Hey folks,

 

Just bought the Sanze Fuze 2GB and plugged the 4GB Sandisk MicroSDHC card which has serviced my Nokia E51 fantastically, only to have the UI freeze and the card not recognised as even inserted by Windows Explorer! I'm running the latest firmware, and have rebooted the device numerous times. The card is blank, so it's not trying to update any journals.

 

Any thoughts? Thanks.

 

Edit: Title to include PMP model

Message Edited by L4t3r4lu5 on 12-27-2008 10:28 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎12-26-2008

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

I dont think that the Fuze 2gb has an expandable memory to 6gb. Try getting another 2gb MicroSDHC card and return the 4gb one.
Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

Anyone with a 2GB had any issues with expanding memory beyond any arbitrary value? If it's not expandable, it's going back! Just means i'll have to get a 4GB Smiley Tongue

 

FYI: Revision 1. here.

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎12-26-2008

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

[ Edited ]

My cousin had the Fuze 2GB. Think it's expandable up to 4gb. Which means you should get a 2GB MicroSDHC. If you want to take the risk then, get another 4GB MicroSDHC and see if it works. But hey life is full of risks!

For my Sansa Fuze 4Gb-im going to get a 2gb MicroSDHC card to have a total memory of 6gb. 

Message Edited by metalzoa78 on 12-27-2008 10:45 AM
Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎12-07-2007

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

[ Edited ]

 

My friend has a Fuze 2GB and 8GB sandisk MicroSDHC, i did not hear any complain about the MicroSDHC card.

 

Are you using Sandisk card? I have heard other brand card is not compatible.

 


@L4t3r4lu5 wrote:

Anyone with a 2GB had any issues with expanding memory beyond any arbitrary value? If it's not expandable, it's going back! Just means i'll have to get a 4GB Smiley Tongue

 

FYI: Revision 1. here.


 

Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-27-2008 10:45 AM
Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-27-2008 10:47 AM
Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

 Aye, it's a Sandisk card. I suppose it makes commercial sense to limit the ability to expand the memory to cards of equal or less capacity. It does, however, put me off a little. Anyone CONFIRM that this is the case?

 

I've not checked for FLAC and OGG support yet... I guess that if that comes up as false, it's an iPod with Rockbox firmware on my shopping list.

 


@kevin02454 wrote:

 

My friend has a Fuze 2GB and 8GB sandisk MicroSDHC, i did not hear any complain about the MicroSDHC card.

 

Are you using Sandisk card? I have heard other brand card is not compatible.

 

 

Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-27-2008 10:45 AM
Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-27-2008 10:47 AM

 

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 49
Registered: ‎12-26-2008

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

Sorry, my belief was wrong I guess. I think that the Fuze's memory is expandable to any amount of GB. Just make sure it's from Sandisk's company to feel more reliable. I found this website after long minutes of reading, it indicates that you can use any amount of GBs.

http://www.buy.com/prod/sandisk-sansa-c240-1-gb-mp3-player-expandable-memory-recertified/q/loc/111/208353408.html

Highlighted
Newbie
Posts: 8
Registered: ‎12-27-2008

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

Thanks for your reply metalzoa78, but the unit specified in the link is the C240, not the Fuze 2GB. The firmware and hardware could be totally different.

 

Brief recap: 2GB Fuze, Latest Firmware [flashed 1800GMT today], Sandisk 4GB MicroSD HC card

 

Inserting card freezes UI [unfreezes when card ejected, performs queued actions]. Card not recognised in Windows Explorer when inserted into Sanza Fuze player, works fine in Nokia E51 [Windows Explorer, not proprietary software]. Card and player have now been formatted completely, with no improvement.

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎12-07-2007

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer

 

You can always pay more for less if you are rich.

 

I love apple products, i just don't have enough money to follow them.

 


@L4t3r4lu5 wrote:

 Aye, it's a Sandisk card. I suppose it makes commercial sense to limit the ability to expand the memory to cards of equal or less capacity. It does, however, put me off a little. Anyone CONFIRM that this is the case?

 

I've not checked for FLAC and OGG support yet... I guess that if that comes up as false, it's an iPod with Rockbox firmware on my shopping list.

 


@kevin02454 wrote:

 

My friend has a Fuze 2GB and 8GB sandisk MicroSDHC, i did not hear any complain about the MicroSDHC card.

 

Are you using Sandisk card? I have heard other brand card is not compatible.

 

 

Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-27-2008 10:45 AM
Message Edited by kevin02454 on 12-27-2008 10:47 AM

 


 

Highlighted
SanDisk User
Posts: 81
Registered: ‎12-07-2007

Re: Fuze 2GB: 4GB SanDisk MicroSDHC card causing freeze of UI, not recognised in Explorer


@L4t3r4lu5 wrote:

Thanks for your reply metalzoa78, but the unit specified in the link is the C240, not the Fuze 2GB. The firmware and hardware could be totally different.

 

Brief recap: 2GB Fuze, Latest Firmware [flashed 1800GMT today], Sandisk 4GB MicroSD HC card

 

Inserting card freezes UI [unfreezes when card ejected, performs queued actions]. Card not recognised in Windows Explorer when inserted into Sanza Fuze player, works fine in Nokia E51 [Windows Explorer, not proprietary software]. Card and player have now been formatted completely, with no improvement.


 

Try change "USB Mode" to MSC to see what happen.