Functionality with a 16g card?

I know variations of this topic have been much discussed here, I have read lots of posts on capacity and wanted to pull it together to a direct question. I have a 4g Fuze with an 8g card. I currently have it pretty much maxed out at about 2,500 songs. I have been considering getting a 16g card, but I keep reading about the Fuze song limit with a magic number around 4,000. 

Without debating the actual need for carrying around so much music, and aside from the fact that the price on the 16g cards will drop like a rock in 6 months… Does the Fuze have an actual a song limit (ie can only handle a certain amount of slots) or is it a memory issue (as in it can only handle x gigs of stored material)?

The Fuze is a great player either way, just trying to make sure I understand the issue before I decide whether to drop $50. Thanks!!

It’s a database limitation that is being corrected (or at least increased) to 8000 songs/tracks in the next firmwre update due by the end of March.

Thanks Tapeworm! BTW in college I was given a similar moniker due to my ability to eat like man 3 times my size… I’m guessing from the cheeseburger you have similar tendencies…

@sarsippius wrote:
Thanks Tapeworm! BTW in college I was given a similar moniker due to my ability to eat like man 3 times my size… I’m guessing from the cheeseburger you have similar tendencies…

Maybe Tape is secretly  Ronald McDonald? :wink:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@sarsippius wrote:

Maybe Tape is secretly  Ronald McDonald? :wink:

@tapeworm wrote:

I miss Jack in the Box. When I was living in Texas, I ate there almost daily. 

Oh man I got food poisining when I was a kid (early 70s) from a Jack in the Box here in Jersey… Department of Health shut 'em down 10 years ago for repeated similar incidents 

@conversionbox wrote:

I miss Jack in the Box. When I was living in Texas, I ate there almost daily. 

As coincidence would have it, I was stuck between appointments with time on my hands and too far to go home today. I was feeling a little gaunt, so decided it should be one of those 2 or 3 times a year I even venture near a fast-food joint to get a bite.

Yep . . . You guessed it! I had a moment of weakness and stopped in to say “Hi” to Mr. Box. And on this auspicious occasion I had a Jumbo Jack (with requesite fries of course) in your honor, CB! :smileyvery-happy:

No soda though; I only drink bottled water.

Didn’t JITB have some other trouble about 25-30 years ago too, when they were accused of serving horse meat instead of beef hamburgers? And of course within the last 10 years there was that whole E. Coli epidemic where people got tainted burgers from there.

Ohh . . . . Suddenly I’m not feeling too well. :cry: