Folders not displayed properly

I have been playing around with my fuze with the new firmware update! :smileyvery-happy: Unfortunately, I have found that the folder names do not always display properly.  They do, however, appear properly in Window’s Explorer.  I sync in Autodetect (MTP) mode with WMP.  The shorter ones appear fine, but the longer ones don’t.  (also, as a side note, if I make a new folder on the computer in MTP mode, even if I rename it, it just appears as “New Folder”.)

Examples:

Focus on the Family Radio Theatre

is

94010000_Focus on the Family Radio Th

Intermission The Greatest Hits

is

03020000_Intermission The Greatest H

Welcome to the Freak Show Live

is

FF01000_Welcome to the Freak Show

I’d post more, but it would be redundant.

XC Fan

@xcfan wrote:

I have been playing around with my fuze with the new firmware update! :smileyvery-happy: Unfortunately, I have found that the folder names do not always display properly.  They do, however, appear properly in Window’s Explorer.  I sync in Autodetect (MTP) mode with WMP.  The shorter ones appear fine, but the longer ones don’t.  (also, as a side note, if I make a new folder on the computer in MTP mode, even if I rename it, it just appears as “New Folder”.)

Examples:

Focus on the Family Radio Theatre

is

94010000_Focus on the Family Radio Th

Intermission The Greatest Hits

is

03020000_Intermission The Greatest H

Welcome to the Freak Show Live

is

FF01000_Welcome to the Freak Show

I’d post more, but it would be redundant.

XC Fan

If you have folder nav now, then why sync, and especially in MTP mode? Drag and drop in MSC…:wink:

all I can tell you on this is that the folders do display properly in MSC mode. Hardly ever use MTP mode so I’m really no help.

I have a few that have the same problem??

MTP=Many Tricky Problems

MSC=Most Superb Compatibility (or Mode of Sansa Champions)

Same thing happened to me.  MSC is way better.  My player also wouldn’t recognize after the update until I uninstalled it in the Windows Device Manager.

Thanks to everyone who has posted here!  I have decided to use MSC for now.  I like MTP because playlists are easier.  I have 4 playlists: Soothing, Soothing and Upbeat, Upbeat and Rocking, Rocking.  It wouldn’t really make sense to have folders for each playlist since that would involve duplicate songs…  I have worked around and found MP3Tag, but primarily, I keep an identical folder structure on my Fuze, and then save playlists in WMP11 as .m3u.  Then I just have to edit the beginning of the file paths in Wordpad and ta-da!  Problem solved!  I look forward to using MTP if this issue is fixed.  Thanks again to everyone, and for Marvin_Martian’s obvious solution.