Firmware new feature request: "Go to Album" in shuffle play

Sometimes when I’m in shuffle play I’ll hear a selection that really hits the spot, and I want to listen to the entire album (or folder). How about adding a new option “Go to Album” in the next firmware update?

Would anyone else like this?

I have just created an account in the forum today to add some feature request.

And this one was part of them.

So I completely agree with you that it could be a good/needed feature!!

Message Edited by cosmocat on 09-11-2008 09:08 AM

But you perhaps should add a request in the part of the forum named “Product Feature Suggestions” which is not situated on a player topic…

just there … http://forums.sandisk.com/sansa/board?board.id=featuresuggestions

i agree as well. Instead of navigating back through all the menus, just have a “go to album”.

Good Idea

Mark

Me too!

Solution – Choose “Play All” from the Album menu. It loads the songs in album order instead of alphabetical order. If/when you hear a song that make you want to hear the album, switch off shuffle and you’ll pick up the album at that point, or you can backtrack in the playlist to the beginning of the album.

@robisan wrote:
Solution – Choose “Play All” from the Album menu. It loads the songs in album order instead of alphabetical order. If/when you hear a song that make you want to hear the album, switch off shuffle and you’ll pick up the album at that point, or you can backtrack in the playlist to the beginning of the album.

Hey, whaddyaknow, that works!

Robisan,

Wow, I had no idea! This has revolutionized my Fuze experience! Thanks for suggesting it.

Still, in case any Sansa folks are reading this, it would still be nice to have a playing option Go To… with suboptions Album, Artist, Genre, Folder

(What would be REALLY cool would be the ability to map PUSH AND HOLD to SHUFFLE :wink: )