Files are mixed up. Can I just re-format and start re-loading them?

As an mp3 newbie, I have put podcasts and old radio programs on my Fuze and they’re all mixed up. I am getting clicking and skipping sounds in files when I play them. I think it would be easier to reformat the drive and start all over. Is there any danger doing this? Is there a preferred way to reformat the Fuze, because I do see that “reformat” is an option on the settings menu. Please advise on best method I should use. And, what would cause the clicks and skips in files that worked fine yesterday?

Thank you.

Sara

I have over three thousand podcasts in my iPod, a few dozen on my Sansa for weekly use.  Clicking, poping, static and skipping sounds is normal for old time radio podcasts made from, well, old time radio shows.  Some of my Dragnet podcast actually have nano second blank spots in them.

If you want to reformat, use the fomat option in the Fuze settings menu.

If you want ypur files on the Sansa in a certain order, you need to “tag” them with your preference or simply create play lists.

>>>>>Clicking, poping, static and skipping sounds is normal for old time radio podcasts made from, well, old time radio shows.  Some of my Dragnet podcast actually have nano second blank spots in them.

To clarify my question: The noises are NOT on the old radio programs. I have thousands of OTR shows on discs and they are clear and have excellent sound quality or I get rid of them and find good copies. The noises on the Fuze are on playback of podcasts, not the radio programs.  Is it possible that when the Fuze gets to a certain number of files that it just gets goofy and makes these noises? I see that others have reported similar noises on their Fuzes so I know it’s not limited to my player. Thanks for any help you can give us who want to have clean sound in our ears!