File Limit increase in next FW please!

Starting from the MUSIC folder, the nesting goes down max 4 levels (mostly 3) e.g.
MUSIC\Category1\Category2\Album\CD1\
There are 177 folders on the Internal memory and 398 on the SD card.

On the SD card only folders starting with ‘T’ to ‘Z’ are visible (including all files).
If I format the Internal memory, I can see folders ‘K’ to ‘Z’ on the SD card.
I believe the Fuze sees those folders first, that got copied to the SD card first (Windows copied the folders in inverse alpha-numeric order), and when it builds the DB it stops when hitting the file/folder limit.
There is then a single folder where some files are visible and others are missing e.g.:
…\folder A\ (folder/files not visible)
…\folder H\ (folder/files not visible)
…\folder R\ (folder/files not visible)
…\folder S\ (folder visible, some files missing)
…\folder T\ (folder visible, all files visible)
…\folder Z\ (folder visible, all files visible)

There are some files with foreign characters in the tags but removing those files did not have any effect.
Removing a few folders from the SD card makes some of the invisble folders visible again. Copying the removed folders back leaves them invisible. So it really seems to depend on the copy order which files from the card get loaded into the Fuze’s DB.

The DB seems to be stored in the file MTABLE.SYS. There are 5294 song entries reflecting what I can see in the Fuze’s folder mode. The rest of the DB file is filled with 0x00 which makes up about 1/5 of the file so I would assume there should still be some space left to fit up to 1000-2000 more entries in there. The file is 1.77 MB in size. To fit all of my songs into it, a size of 5 MB or more would be required I think. Manually increasing the file size has no effect and brings up the “free 90 MB…” message (with >1 GB free internal space).