Feature Request: Queuing Songs/Albums

@riolist wrote:
There was a mass exodus of Creative firmware developers heading towards Sandisk? For real?

When is an exodus NOT a “mass exodus”?

Okay, but back on track. This was requested months ago. I wish it had made it into the .15 update. Sansafix says they’ve added it to some “to do” list, but to just use the genre tags to play certain kinds of music, depending on your mood, in the meantime. While I personally DO keep my music tagged properly, lots of people might not, so Genre might not be a viable option. There was also a suggestion to just play one album, then when it’s done, play another one. Still doesn’t apply when I want to listen to a mix of 3 or 4 different artists (maybe of different genres, even). Analogy:

“I’d like some pancakes.”

“Here’s some flour. It’s just as good.”

“I don’t like plain flour, I wanted pancakes.”

“Well, you don’t need pancakes. Just eat the flour, then eat some eggs, then some salt, baking powder, and milk. At the end of the day, you’ll have all the same stuff. Plus, our engineers are busy redesigning the start-up logo of the serving plates, so the pancakes probably won’t be in the next firmware update either.”

… Maybe I stretched that analogy a little too thin.

Oh, and please don’t mistake my frustration over this device for a dissatisfaction with my Fuze. I love it, just as it is, and I really do appreciate the work going into keeping it updated and bug-free. I just thought this would be a higher-priority request than it has turned out to be.

Message Edited by SilverZero on 10-18-2008 12:08 PM