Fast-Forward/Wrap around scrolling

Hello,

I am considering replacing the View I just bought with a Fuze. Can you tell me if the song fast-forward is actually fast when compared to the View. On the View it is practically non-existant. And also if there is wrap-around scrolling when going thru a list of songs or artists. The view stops at the top and bottom. And there hasn’t been a firmware update since June '08. 

Thanks in advance.

Don’t know about the View, but the fast forward on the Fuze is pretty good. For long tracks, it speeds up if you keep the FF button down. Yes the song and artist menus wrap around. That was included in an update a few months ago.

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly how my E280v2 works. Unless the View gets a firmware update soon, I’ll exchange it for a Fuze.

BTW, these are minor points but the fast-forward moves in about 10 second increments. Pretty bad when using an audiobook that is 1 or 2 hrs long.

@richbid wrote:

Thank you for the reply. That is exactly how my E280v2 works. Unless the View gets a firmware update soon, I’ll exchange it for a Fuze.

BTW, these are minor points but the fast-forward moves in about 10 second increments. Pretty bad when using an audiobook that is 1 or 2 hrs long.

Return your View immediately! They haven’t updated the firmware in a year and a half…it’s essentially dead. Get Fuze (or Clip+) while they still do update it.

@qualityaudio wrote:
Don’t know about the View, but the fast forward on the Fuze is pretty good. For long tracks, it speeds up if you keep the FF button down. Yes the song and artist menus wrap around. That was included in an update a few months ago.

Both ‘wrap-around’ and ‘accelerated’ scrolling were added in f/w updates some time ago.

UPDATE: Exchanged the View for a Fuze. Works great! Boots/shutsdown faster, faster fast-forward, wrap-around scrolling, etc. Only thing is extra Slotradio icon, but that is bearable.

Thanks all for the replies. 

Message Edited by richbid on 11-01-2009 05:36 PM

@richbid wrote:

UPDATE: Exchanged the View for a Fuze. Works great! Boots/shutsdown faster, faster fast-forward, wrap-around scrolling, etc. Only thing is extra Slotradio icon , but that is bearable.

Thanks all for the replies. 

If it becomes un -bearable, downgrade your firmware to the last version (01 or 02.02.26) and that will go away. There’s another couple of issues with the latest f/w release too that downgrading will solve, until SanDisk comes out with a fix.