Forum bugs

@itchyfinger wrote:

Well, Tapeworm, one who could make me appear paranoid could excuse himself of having to honor my complaint, and you are a Sansa Guru. 

I’m not saying you caused the innaproppriate smileys to be posted, for which there is no smiley code in my text screens - I don’t care whether it happened by accident, or if somebody’s having fun with me (I’ve got a big sense of humor), but I’d be interested in knowing what could cause such an occurance. Almost as much as I’d like to know what’s bugging up my Fuze!

@itchyfinger wrote:

:robotmad:? That smiley in my last post was not posted by me, and the Edit text does NOT display it! This character was inserted by the forum, and I don’t have the option of removing it, as it does not show in my editing form.  There’s something extremely loopy going on here, and don’t you look to me on this, Sandisk! 

@itchyfinger wrote:

Well, it’s now at least half an hour later, and I tried to report on results (none, no surprise) to the advice of a respondent to my thread (“Fuze track order is driving me nuts” :wink:,

As Marvin suggested, the covert smiley appears because you have a quotation mark immediately followed by a ‘close parenthesis’. If you insert a space between them the smiley does not appear:

(“Fuze track order is driving me nuts” ) See?

This can also happen if you use the colon symbol too close to a close parenthesis, like this (F :smiley: vs. (F: )

It won’t show up in your message editing box, but if you click on the Preview button you can confirm it. So, it’s OK to stop with the conspiracy theory. Even if I (or any other Sansa Guru) had the power or authority to “have fun with you”, I for one simply don’t have the time nor the inclination. :wink: (smiley intentional)

Message Edited by microsansa on 08-17-2009 06:37 PM