FAT

How do i recover the FAT to my Sansa Fuze

Did you have a fatty fuze?

What does this mean. I connect my sandisk player to computer, A message appears saying Fat is corrupted, Connect device to PC and recover FAT, When PC & player are connected together, this forementioned message shows a few seconds then shows CONNECTED, When player & PC are disconnected , Above FAT message shows up for a minute or so then entire player shuts downs & goes dead completely. Will be leaving PC & MP player attached for a few hours or maybe even overnight, Will that help?  What should I do to fix this problem?

If your player is in MSC mode, when you connect it there should be an extra drive listed in Windows explorer.

Right-click the drive and select ‘properties’. On one of the tabs of the window that shows you should have ‘Tools’, and on that tab you have an ‘Error-checking’ or similarly named option. You can use this to check the filesystem on your player.

Leaving it attached to the PC without additional action will not fix it.

Good luck.

@ssorgatem wrote:
Did you have a fatty fuze?

lol

@efrain wrote:
How do i recover the FAT to my Sansa Fuze

Ask Oprah, Kirsty Alley or Queen Latifah. They all seem to have a lot of experience at recovering their FAT. :dizzy_face:

lol ha ha

Alley is the worst of the three.  She’s back on the front cover of tabloids due to her large weight gain.

@mags1230 wrote:
Alley is the worst of the three.  She’s back on the front cover of tabloids due to her large weight gain.

She was a hottie back in the day…:dizzy_face:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@mags1230 wrote:

She was a hottie back in the day…:dizzy_face:

Along the lines of big changes in appearance, have you seen photos of the new, improved, slimmed down, toned up Valerie Bertinelli in a swimsuit?  That woman has abs!:dizzy_face:

try the following.  Connect the device to the PC in MSC mode.  You can force this by setting the lock switch and pressing and holding the << REW key while connecting to the PC.

Next try to run “Chkdsk [driveletter]:  /F”  on the device from a DOS window (Command Prompt).  IF the FAT can be recovered,  the device may work.

If not, you need to reformat the device from the computer and start over.

THere are other posts that may help you in recoering the FAT using special tools if you dont want to reformat.

The FAT is the File Allocation Table, incidentally.  This master file indexes the memory of your Fuze, allowing the device to find all of the requisite bits hidden within.  The table can be corrupted occasionally, with the chkdsk  utility Sansafix recommends being the tool of choice for repair.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

Now thats funny…lol.  I don’t desire to recover my FAT.