External memory questions

I just bought an 8GB SanDisk micro card for my 8GB Fuze, and reading through this board has raised some questions for me that I thought I should have answered before I try using it.

1. Do I need to format the card before dropping and dragging MP3 files onto it?

2. From what I’ve read here, it seems that the internal and external memories will appear as separate folders in Windows Explorer.  Fine.  But I have created folders for each artist to make it easier to see (in Windows Explorer) which albums are in my Fuze.  So it seems that any new albums I put into the external memory won’t appear in the correct artist folder already created in the internal memory.  (A new Beatles album, say, put in the external memory won’t appear in the Beatles folder in the internal memory.)  Am I understanding this correctly?  If so, I’m thinking it would make sense to put all my classical music in one memory (either internal or external) and all my other genres in the other memory.  Does that sound like a sensible work-around, or is there an easier or better way?

Thanks.

1. no you dont have to format it

2.yes your right,but no matter what you do all files in external memory will be separate from internal memory

1. As already mentioned, no formatting is needed on new memory cards

2. The lists you see on the Fuze’s screen are complied during the ‘database refresh’ from the ID3 tags embedded in the song files. Doesn’t matter which memory location they are stored in. So even if you had 5 Beatles albums on the internal memory and 5 on the external memory card, they would all be listed together under Beatles on your player.

The only caveat to this is if you use Folder View. Then they would be listed separately as they are in 2 different locations.