External Speakers

Why would I have problems with using the “Dell” speakers that came with my computer? The plug is exactly the same (or appears so), it fits snuggly into the headphone jack, but i cannot get any sound from it…On the other side, i can plug my headphones that I got with my Fuze into the computer and hear everything just fine…

Do the Dell speakers have its own amplifier? Most computer speakers are amplified from the computer’s internal amp. I assume the Fuze isn’t powerful enough to power computer speakers. I could be wrong though.

I take it you adjusted the volume on the Fuze , as well as the dell’s volume control? HTH and good luck

My logitech x-540s sound fine going from the fuze so have other speakers i’ve used.

@webspin_r6 wrote:

Do the Dell speakers have its own amplifier? Most computer speakers are amplified from the computer’s internal amp. I assume the Fuze isn’t powerful enough to power computer speakers. I could be wrong though.

I take it you adjusted the volume on the Fuze , as well as the dell’s volume control? HTH and good luck

I noticed the sound is from my Fuze on my speakers, even attached to my docking station which helps (no volumne control on the docking station).  And in my car too.  I can up the car volumn, but if the fuze is down low then I have to turn it up a lot.

I have the same problem with mine in the car. I use a sony fm transmitter (I am looking for a new one) and If I set my fuze at anything less than 75% I have to max out the speakers almost.

Generally speaking,  when using an FM transmitter,  first set the Fuze’s output volume to MAX.

it wont hurt the Fuze or your transmitter, and you will get the best results.