Everything on fuze is gone!

Everything on my fuze is gone! System files and everything!The funny thing is the mp3 player says its full, but i open it in my computer and there is nothing there. Someone please help me.

Change your USB mode in system settings.  You’ve either used MTP and switched to MSC or vice versa

@kdar wrote:
Everything on my fuze is gone! System files and everything!The funny thing is the mp3 player says its full, but i open it in my computer and there is nothing there. Someone please help me.

I can’t even turn my mp3 player on. everytime i do it says “No enough space for music DB. Please free 90mb.”

The fuze’s database may have become corrupt.  You’ll have to format the fuze through the computer since your player won’t turn on.  This will delete everything on your fuze so hopefully, you have copies of your music and any other files that are on there.

@mags1230 wrote:

The fuze’s database may have become corrupt.  You’ll have to format the fuze through the computer since your player won’t turn on.  This will delete everything on your fuze so hopefully, you have copies of your music and any other files that are on there.

Formatting is the extreme option. If you can force an MSC connection, run error checking on the Fuze. This will hopefully find and fix any errors. You may lose a few songs, but that’s better than losing everything.

How would I reformat it through the computer?

If you do decide to format, go to My Computer, right-click on the fuze and select format.  If your fuze has more than 2gig of internal memory, format as FAT 32 and a full format (the check box for a quick one should be unchecked ).  This is for Windows XP.

Im error checking it right now but if that doesn’t fix it, I’m gonna format it. thank you