Error message reading please free 90mb...but the mp3 won't turn on!

Every time I try to turn on my sansa fuze a red box pops up that reads Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 90mb. I have come to this forum before and the response was to turn on the sansa fuze and format the fuze however, my fuze won’t turn on to the home screen AT ALL. I can’t even get to the settings in order to format the fuze.  I connected the fuze to my computer (I have a Mac) with the USB plug and then went to finder, clicked Sansa Fuze, found the Music folder, and deleted all the songs. Even after this the same message popped up and I was unable to go to the home screen.

If anyone has this same problem or knows what to do, please let my know soon! Thanks it is greatly appreciated :) 

@rachelheart wrote:

Every time I try to turn on my sansa fuze a red box pops up that reads Not enough space for Music DB. Please free 90mb. I have come to this forum before and the response was to turn on the sansa fuze and format the fuze however, my fuze won’t turn on to the home screen AT ALL. I can’t even get to the settings in order to format the fuze.  I connected the fuze to my computer (I have a Mac) with the USB plug and then went to finder, clicked Sansa Fuze, found the Music folder, and deleted all the songs. Even after this the same message popped up and I was unable to go to the home screen.

If anyone has this same problem or knows what to do, please let my know soon! Thanks it is greatly appreciated :) 

I dont know how to fix this in the mac exactly. But often the cause is a corruption in the software or the hardware. On a PC the suggestion is to run the CHKDSK utility. I would tell you to try and reinstall the firmware. See if that helps. Also find a file called mtable.sys and delete that. 

thanks for the suggestion. i deleted the mtable.sys.  when i reinstalled the firmware it told me that i didn’t have enough room for the updates but i’m not exactly sure what that means. and what is the CHKDSK utility and where can i find it?

@rachelheart wrote:
thanks for the suggestion. i deleted the mtable.sys.  when i reinstalled the firmware it told me that i didn’t have enough room for the updates but i’m not exactly sure what that means. and what is the CHKDSK utility and where can i find it?

CHKDSK is a Dos comand in windows. Im not sure what you can do on the mac. Try calling 1-866-SanDisk, they will know.

If you can format the volume From the MAC its your best bet based on you have already deleted all songs.

I had the same problem!!!  Did you find a solution?

Also, what software do you use to put music on your sansa from your mac? I have a mac too. 

THANKS!!

I am having the same problem with my mac and my sansa… .  did a solution ever arise? 

Are they not made for macs?  

Thanks!!

They work with macs but its always a good Idea to have a PC available  when things like this arise.

Thanks . … I don’t have that same sys. file to delete, but my player has the files res_info.sys ,  sys_conf.sys , video_bm.sys

should I delete any of those? 

No, those three files should be just fine.  The most common issue causing this fault message is a file corruption.  The chkdsk utility or Windows’ manage function are your best bet.

The Nuclear Option is to format the device and reload your music.

Bob  :wink: