Highlighted

Re: Don't overthink your Fuze

I have a "boom box" that has a stereo input jack instead of a cassette player. but the thing I noticed with both things was that you have to balance the volume between the the player source and the amplifier you are using. a stereo that uses RCA inputs isnt going to "expect" the signal strength that you're using, but it still should have a similar effect to using the cassette tape adapter. but it really depends on the age of the stereo, an older one will have more issues.

I was trying to use the turntabe inputs on my mom's 25 year old stereo for routing the sound from a DVD player through the stereo, it didnt like that at all. I got alot of hiss and very little sound. but you'd think that an RCA input was just an RCA input, but some times it isnt Smiley Tongue

My Sansa Fuze -- 4 gig, blue, no card yet; 1034 songs; 36 photos
Highlighted
SanDisk User

You're right,i do the same thing in my vehicle,bring the Fuzes volume up about half way and then slowly boost the car radio.Sounds wonderful by the way.  
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

The Griffin Power Dock is the ticket!! You will still need to adjust your volume on the fuze but with the power dock you have more to work with at the start.. it gets it's output from your Fuze from the 30pin connector on the fuze and the output from 30 connector is higher then the headphone jack on the fuze.. I would think if you are handy this would be a good was to dock your fuze even in the car..  Just a thought..  Griffin still has some at a discounted price.. Marked way way down.. I got mine in two days from time of order!!  You do have to supply the dock with USB power from a wall adapter auto cigarette adapter or your computer..  It has a mini usb to reg usb power cable that comes with the unit.. George

Oh it charges your Fuze as your using it too!

*His* 8GB Silver Fuze v01.02.31A also 8GB MicroSDHC card installed *Hers* 4GB red Fuze with 16GB micro SDHC card! Firmware v01.02.31A still installed. Acquired another 8GB Fuze also with firmware v01.02.31A now..
Highlighted
SanDisk User

A handy tip for conserving memory on your Fuze is to convert your video files to avi. format before running them through the SMC.I do this even after ripping a DVD and it saves lots of mb's.Hope it helps...