Don't overthink your Fuze

I forgot to mention that i also bought a generic casette convertor to listen to my Fuze in the car and it works great.I turn the volumn about half way up on the Fuze and then slowly bring up the volumn  on the radio.By the way i really like how you can customize the EQ it makes a big difference in audio fidelity.

Hi-where is this video about how to get album art into the fuze?

Ask and ye shall receive: how to video library.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks Bob,the videos were very helpful.Everything is working and my Fuze rocks!

I  can’t believe people are having so many problems with their little guys.I suppose i may just have gotten lucky this time but,i haven’t reformatted or even updated the firmware.If it ain’t broke i ain’t fixin’ it.I’ve seen far to many things go wrong while updating firmware on some of my other Sansa products.Well good luck… 

@shmince wrote:

I  can’t believe people are having so many problems with their little guys.I suppose i may just have gotten lucky this time but,i haven’t reformatted or even updated the firmware.If it ain’t broke i ain’t fixin’ it.I’ve seen far to many things go wrong while updating firmware on some of my other Sansa products.Well good luck… 

I haven’t had too much trouble either.  Just little things (such as podcasts ending in the music area when I forget to change them or for some other odd reason) and I only had to the soft reboot (holding the on button for 10 seconds) once.  

I am more then happy with mine.  I love the little micro cards.  I’m so use to not deleting things (don’t ask about my files on my computer…) that I  have a hard time with this, but am getting better at it, but it helps with having memory cards!

Yes,i agree with you  and for me, one of the best features of the Fuze is the ability to delete songs,video,pictures and podcasts on the fly.I now have a 8gb micro chip which gives me a total of 16gb to play around with.It’s rocks!

So does that meant you can’t delete from the nano but have to use iTunes?  I was trying to help her with anydvdconverter and looking at her itunes and she wanted to delete something and couldn’t from the nano, or she didn’t know how… because if there isn’t that feature, then that’s not good at all.  I like to delete things I don’t want on there, I’ll forget later… for example, I’m listening to a podcast and don’t care for it, then I can delete it immediately.  I really like that feature.

Yes, i believe you are correct.My children have ipod’s and i’ve never seen a delete feature on the players themselves.I think the only way to delete is through the itunes library. 

With the iPod, you are esentially locked into the Apple management application.

It’s nice to be able to use your device in the way that suits your own needs best, a major advantage of the Sansa. You have the option of direct “drag and drop” control in either USB mode, actually, plus synchronization with the client of your own choosing.

The Fuze’s firmware is very stable, right out of the box.

Enjoy the happy sounds of your Sansa!! 

Bob  :smileyvery-happy: 

one of the things I like in my elecronics is simplicity. I may be 40 years old, but I am definately a child of the computer age, so the more complicated things dont bother me.  But in all things, less is often more. I really like being able to drag and drop to my fuze. it’s like having another little hard drive. I can do the same thing with pics and the images show up brilliantly without having to resize them manually. I’ve had my Fuze two weeks today, and I’m happy I got it.

Nice article here that i saw ranking the Fuze as the best altrernative toi the IPOD

http://www.reghardware.co.uk/2008/06/16/review_sansa_fuze/

Thanks so much for the excellent article.I’d just like to add that as i’ve now switched to the 8gb microSD i haven’t noticed that  my Fuze has had   any difficulties with the extra data at all. 

“Forget about line-in to your car stereo and all that, and just use it as a portable audio player and all that,…”

I’m confused.  Before I came here and read all this stuff, I plugged my fuze into my car stereo through a cassette converter and it worked great.  My old stealth used to have a 1/8th in stereo jack, and I’m sure with a sj-sj cable it would work fine with that as well.

What did bdb mean by this statement?  Why do you need a line out?  Why would I listen to my headphones AND need a line out at the same time?

Thanks,

Tom

I’m not sure what he meant by that.  I use mine in my car with the cassette adaptor during my commute.  Works fine and has for over 2 months.

@flyingscool wrote:

“Forget about line-in to your car stereo and all that, and just use it as a portable audio player and all that,…”

I’m confused.  Before I came here and read all this stuff, I plugged my fuze into my car stereo through a cassette converter and it worked great.  My old stealth used to have a 1/8th in stereo jack, and I’m sure with a sj-sj cable it would work fine with that as well.

What did bdb mean by this statement?  Why do you need a line out?  Why would I listen to my headphones AND need a line out at the same time?

Thanks,

Tom

Not sure what he meant by that either.   I guess he’s advocating fewer features for the sake of simplicity.

Anyway, the issue with line-out is not that you would use it at the same time as headphones.  You would use one or the other depending on the situation.  Line-out and headphone out are electrically different (different voltages and impedance).  Whenever line-in is available, you will have much better results with a line level source than a headphone source.

Your cassette addapter proably compensates somewhat for the difference.  But if you try plugging your Fuze’s headphone output into a line-in on your home stereo, you’ll notice that the volume will seem very low compared to other line-level sources (like a CD player). With most players, sound quality is also inferior over headphone output (because you have to max out the volume to get a decent level).  Luckilly the Fuze’s SQ is extremely good even at full volume, so it’s not too much of a problem.

I have a “boom box” that has a stereo input jack instead of a cassette player. but the thing I noticed with both things was that you have to balance the volume between the the player source and the amplifier you are using. a stereo that uses RCA inputs isnt going to “expect” the signal strength that you’re using, but it still should have a similar effect to using the cassette tape adapter. but it really depends on the age of the stereo, an older one will have more issues.

I was trying to use the turntabe inputs on my mom’s 25 year old stereo for routing the sound from a DVD player through the stereo, it didnt like that at all. I got alot of hiss and very little sound. but you’d think that an RCA input was just an RCA input, but some times it isnt :stuck_out_tongue:

You’re right,i do the same thing in my vehicle,bring the Fuzes volume up about half way and then slowly boost the car radio.Sounds wonderful by the way.  

The Griffin Power Dock is the ticket!! You will still need to adjust your volume on the fuze but with the power dock you have more to work with at the start… it gets it’s output from your Fuze from the 30pin connector on the fuze and the output from 30 connector is higher then the headphone jack on the fuze… I would think if you are handy this would be a good was to dock your fuze even in the car…  Just a thought…  Griffin still has some at a discounted price… Marked way way down… I got mine in two days from time of order!!  You do have to supply the dock with USB power from a wall adapter auto cigarette adapter or your computer…  It has a mini usb to reg usb power cable that comes with the unit… George

Oh it charges your Fuze as your using it too!

A handy tip for conserving memory on your Fuze is to convert your video files to avi. format before running them through the SMC.I do this even after ripping a DVD and it saves lots of mb’s.Hope it helps…