Highlighted
SanDisk User

Does anyone know of a reliable source for V1 Fuzes?

Got  V1 4gb, but want to find an 8gb version. Woot is a crap shoot (got my 4gb there, tried the 8gb & got a V2), Buy.com only has V2's. Anyone had luck finding a V1 anywhere? I know it'll be a refurb & that's fine.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Re: Does anyone know of a reliable source for V1 Fuzes?

@rsdown wrote:
Got  V1 4gb, but want to find an 8gb version. Woot is a crap shoot (got my 4gb there, tried the 8gb & got a V2), Buy.com only has V2's. Anyone had luck finding a V1 anywhere? I know it'll be a refurb & that's fine.

There aren't any. If you get a v1 or a v2, you get a v1 or a v2.

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I just got a refurbished 8gb Fuze V1 from Tigerdirect for $59. Looks like new.

Tigerdirect.com

Highlighted

I just ordered the one from Tigerdirect... the link you provided....  I get it in about 4 days... fingers crossed they still have the v1 refurbed.
Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

Just wondering . . .

Is getting a version 1 or 2 a chance of fate (a.k.a. random)?  I bought a Fuze not long after they came out (mainly because I had a Clip, and loved it) and have had it replaced twice and all three of them had been version 1 players.  I'm happy because if my Fuze ever reaches it's 1 year warranty, I'm putting Rockbox on it.

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

Highlighted
SanDisk Guru

saxmaster765 wrote:

I'm happy because if my Fuze ever reaches it's 1 year warranty, I'm putting Rockbox on it.

Are you anticipating a temporal anomaly or some other phenomenon that would prevent it from reaching 1 year old? Smiley Surprised

Highlighted
SanDisk Fanatic

I've had 3, and not one has ever reached it. They've all messed up. The first one was bad right out of the box, the second made it 6 months, and got the "White Screen of Death!" (Duh-Duh . . . DUHHHHHHH!!!!!), and this current one will reach it in May. Knowing my luck with these, it won't get there. So . . . Yes.

The Saxmaster

"To give real service you must add something which cannot be bought or measured with money, and that is sincerity and integrity."-Douglas Adams

Highlighted

It was the V1 !!!!!!!!! YEA!!!Smiley Very Happy

Tigerdirect refurb!!!!!

I now happily have rockbox on my Fuze!!

And now,  I have the v2 so when they get the Rockbox on that... I can play with that one also!!

Life is good...  Early Christmas present!!!!!

Paul G

Highlighted
SanDisk User

I should really follow up on my own threads, I guess. Smiley Wink

I got my v1 8GB (finally) through Buy.com. A friend bought 7 (!) 4GB Fuzes through them, and all were v1's. 8 for 8. Not bad.