Does anyone know of a reliable source for V1 Fuzes?

Got  V1 4gb, but want to find an 8gb version. Woot is a ■■■■ shoot (got my 4gb there, tried the 8gb & got a V2), Buy.com only has V2’s. Anyone had luck finding a V1 anywhere? I know it’ll be a refurb & that’s fine.

@rsdown wrote:
Got  V1 4gb, but want to find an 8gb version. Woot is a ■■■■ shoot (got my 4gb there, tried the 8gb & got a V2), Buy.com only has V2’s. Anyone had luck finding a V1 anywhere? I know it’ll be a refurb & that’s fine.

There aren’t any. If you get a v1 or a v2, you get a v1 or a v2.

I just got a refurbished 8gb Fuze V1 from Tigerdirect for $59. Looks like new.

Tigerdirect.com

I just ordered the one from Tigerdirect… the link you provided…  I get it in about 4 days… fingers crossed they still have the v1 refurbed.

Just wondering . . .

Is getting a version 1 or 2 a chance of fate (a.k.a. random)?  I bought a Fuze not long after they came out (mainly because I had a Clip, and loved it) and have had it replaced twice and all three of them had been version 1 players.  I’m happy because if my Fuze ever reaches it’s 1 year warranty, I’m putting Rockbox on it.

saxmaster765 wrote:

I’m happy because if my Fuze ever reaches it’s 1 year warranty, I’m putting Rockbox on it.

Are you anticipating a temporal anomaly or some other phenomenon that would prevent it from reaching 1 year old? :dizzy_face:

I’ve had 3, and not one has ever reached it. They’ve all messed up. The first one was bad right out of the box, the second made it 6 months, and got the “White Screen of Death!” (Duh-Duh . . . DUHHHHHHH!!!), and this current one will reach it in May. Knowing my luck with these, it won’t get there. So . . . Yes.

It was the V1 !!! YEA!!!:smileyvery-happy:

Tigerdirect refurb!!!

I now happily have rockbox on my Fuze!!

And now,  I have the v2 so when they get the Rockbox on that… I can play with that one also!!

Life is good…  Early Christmas present!!!

Paul G

I should really follow up on my own threads, I guess. :wink:

I got my v1 8GB (finally) through Buy.com. A friend bought 7 (!) 4GB Fuzes through them, and all were v1’s. 8 for 8. Not bad.