Does anyone in here have the Maximo iMetal Isolation Earphones for Sansa?

Does anyone in here have the Maximo iMetal Isolation Earphones for Sansa?

If so can someone give me a summarized review of this earphones including the price you payed to buy it?

Here’s the link to the earphones:

http://go.shopsansa.com/content/maxiimetal 

Thanks,

SR 

I love the iMetals, man!  Shiny chrome, and solid bass.  I have used two versions of the iM490s IEMs, the earlier ones had different vent ports, and the new version works wonderfully even in strong winds.

They have nice, solid bass with their big 9mm drivers, and a metal housing (plated aluminium).  They sound funky right out of the box, with fuzzy bass, then after an hour or so, the bass is wonderful, but not overpowering. 

If you look at the photo, the strange “handles” are designed to guide the cable up and over the ear.  This makes them quite comfortable, and eliminates the tendency of the cables to feed noises to your ears as you move about.  They also make the devices easy to adjust in your ears.

And Maximo has a lifetime warranty on them.

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

Thanks for the great reply bob.One more question.Have you used the iM-390 iMetal Isolation Earphones?

Thanks,

SR 

The iM390 has a smaller chamber, and a sealed rear.  Compared against the 490S (for Sansa), they have less bass, I would assume.  Between the two generations of iM490s, I really like the improvement with the new design.

They come with a very cool case and extension cable too.

@neutron_bob wrote:

The iM390 has a smaller chamber, and a sealed rear. 

So cheap beer and hot wings might not be recommended then? :stuck_out_tongue:

I had mesquite broiled chicken tonight.  Hot wings are great, locally there’s a shop that offers " atomic" as one of the options, I LOVE the heat, and the lemon garlic ones too.  But the little monsters are too small; I think they use a Cornish game hen for their wings…

Any food that goes well with beer is acceptable man-fuel.

I reviewed iM-390 a while ago, posted both on my own blog and head-fi.org. I didn’t pay for mine as it is provided to me freely by Maximo as review sample. You can read it here:

I have also auditioned their new earphone, the iM-590, which should be released next month. It is a big step up from their current line-up. If you can, I’ll suggest you wait for it to release first before making any decision.