Does anyone here know when Rockbox will be available for the Fuze?

Or could anyone give a good estimate

Nope…no clue.

My best estimate is some time between now and

If you look at rockbox’s website they dont say anything about working on the fuze.

Message Edited by Conversionbox on 03-14-2009 01:49 PM

@conversionbox wrote:

If you look at rockbox’s website they dont say anything about working on the fuze.

Expected this

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@conversionbox wrote:

Expected this

Im having one of those days where I felt like it needed to be said. But Seriously I have been checking Rockbox almost daily as I want to Rockbox my Connect, and they dont have it listed as something they are activly working on, they are probably still working on getting the iformantion they need to begin development.

I think most of their efforts Sansa-wise are aimed at the Clip.

The Connect and the View are also listed as current active projcets in the Sansa brand

I read a thread in their developer’s forum talking about the Fuze, there are some people working on getting the basics working.

Tenzip. Could you post a link. I looked the other day and couldnt find it. I would be interested in reading what they have to say.

I’ve been in contact with someone working on the fuze’s rockbox, and it’s even installed on my fuze. For now, it can read ogg files, not mp3. Plus, these files have to be on the beginning of the disk. I had to reformat my sansa and then add only one album to be able to read it. There’s still a lot of work to do…

@flocon wrote:
I’ve been in contact with someone working on the fuze’s rockbox, and it’s even installed on my fuze. For now, it can read ogg files, not mp3. Plus, these files have to be on the beginning of the disk. I had to reformat my sansa and then add only one album to be able to read it. There’s still a lot of work to do…

Take pictures?

@flocon wrote:

I see

@conversionbox wrote:
Tenzip. Could you post a link. I looked the other day and couldnt find it. I would be interested in reading what they have to say.

Here ya go, with the warning that it’s not just for the Fuze, and the thread is 3 shy of 700 posts now, so lots to wade through.

Linky

That’s the right link. I read it almost every day, and it’s sort of working on all v2 targets, with each it’s own problem. Some with the scroll wheel, although I think that’s fixed now, only some file formats work, and only some bitrates work and not in the WPS Screen etc. And none of them work on more than 2gb as of now. But they made a lot of progress.

Whoever can help, should go to their forum and see what you can do. Everyone can contribute their own part, so don’t think “The other guy will do it”. We can use any help we can get, even just ideas.

Thanks.

I have a v1 Fuze, are they even working on that?

@shenanagins1091 wrote:
I have a v1 Fuze, are they even working on that?

It’s the same platform as the e200v2 series and the Clip, although as mentioned before each player has it’s own unique characteristics and individual issues.

So while they have made good progress, there’s still a lot to do yet.

After our next release you might not need Rockbox :slight_smile:

@sansafix wrote:

Way to be Cryptic an Secretive? Do we have a Date yet? 

@sansafix wrote:

Intriguing…

estimate 2 weeks.