Does anyone here know when Rockbox will be available for the Fuze?

@neutron_bob wrote:

Fascinating!  Mr. Spock definitely raises his eyebrow over this one!

Looking forward to the next release!

Bob  :smileyvery-happy:

“Why Mr. Spock . . . I didn’t know Vulcans had such lovely p***ys.”

:stuck_out_tongue:

@neutron_bob wrote:

@tapeworm wrote:

@neutron_bob wrote:

@sansafix wrote:
After our next release you might not need Rockbox :slight_smile:

Oh, will we be able to sort by « album artist », in addition of « song artist »?

And have utf-8 support for mp3 tags? (I’d like to be able to write “cœur” correctly, not change it to “coeur”)

And correct alphabetical order? (“Ça ne finira jamais” should be in C, not after Z).

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you help rockbox developpers? I think it would be in your interest to have rockbox working on fuze: rockbox lovers would buy sansa players instead of other brands!! I would have thought this to be a win-win situation…

@flocon wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Oh, will we be able to sort by « album artist », in addition of « song artist »?

And have utf-8 support for mp3 tags? (I’d like to be able to write “cœur” correctly, not change it to “coeur”)

And correct alphabetical order? (“Ça ne finira jamais” should be in C, not after Z).

Just out of curiosity, why don’t you help rockbox developpers? I think it would be in your interest to have rockbox working on fuze: rockbox lovers would buy sansa players instead of other brands!! I would have thought this to be a win-win situation…

Actually, Sansa players are incredibly popular in the Rockbox world already. Just not the newest Sansas yet :wink:

@sansafix wrote:

Oooh. This must mean that gapless playback is in the next Fuze firmware. I think that’s probably the single biggest reason for people to use Rockbox!

Marvin_Martian wrote: 

I’m sick and tired of listening to “this firmware sux” …“I want gapless” …“I want Rockbox”…“I want folder view”

WELL, if you dive into a thread whose title asks about rockbox and the (predictable) posts about desired features upset you, it can only be described as willful self abuse.  Might be something to bring up in your next therapy session (or a reason to start).

@donp wrote:

Marvin_Martian wrote: 

I’m sick and tired of listening to “this firmware sux” …“I want gapless” …“I want Rockbox”…“I want folder view”

WELL, if you dive into a thread whose title asks about rockbox and the (predictable) posts about desired features upset you, it can only be described as willful self abuse.  Might be something to bring up in your next therapy session (or a reason to start).

It took you a week to come up with that?  I guess genius can’t be rushed

@coreying wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Oooh. This must mean that gapless playback is in the next Fuze firmware. I think that’s probably the single biggest reason for people to use Rockbox!

Sansafix also said here that ‘gapless playback’ won’t be in the upcoming Fuze f/w release. Maybe the one after.

And probably the biggest reason Sansa owners opt for Rockbox is the ability to use larger than 2GB memory cards in them. Gapless only works with LAME-encoded .mp3 files (and those that are inherently gapless, like OGG & FLAC), so that leaves a lot out there that won’t qualify.

Edit: file type clarification

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 03-25-2009 06:28 PM

Tapeworm wrote: 

And probably the biggest reason Sansa owners opt for Rockbox is the ability to use larger than 2GB memory cards in them. Gapless only works with LAME-encoded files, so that leaves a lot out there that won’t qualify.

???  Gapless on rockbox also works with formats that are inherently gapless*, including Ogg Vorbis, Musepack and FLAC.

Speaking of which, I don’t think any Sansa players with a public release of rockbox can play any of those formats on the normal firmware.

*by “inherently gapless” I mean that there aren’t extra gaps in the files.  That doesn’t mean that every player can progress from one track to the next without introducing its own delay.

Thanks, donp for pointing that out. I should have clarified my statement a bit more on ‘gapless’ & LAME-encoded .mp3 files.

I have edited my previous post.

@sansafix wrote:

:dizzy_face: What are the new features?

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

We’ll find out in a few days:wink:

Yup. It’s due soon.

Message Edited by gwk1967 on 03-28-2009 11:28 AM

@marvin_martian wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

what if i get hit by a bus? then i’ll never know:cry:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Stay out of the road then :stuck_out_tongue:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

We are all in the same boat. Im hoping My plane dont crash Just to see the next firmware.

You guys live dangerous lives, apparently. I’d be more worried about the bus/plane/horse-drawn sleigh/whatever than the firmware.:wink:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

Then you won’t need to know, will you?

In Heaven, all Fuzes play perfectly, at the correct pitch, no crashing, no song limits, read folder/files structures, have infinite user-customizable backgrounds, and play videos in any format without using any software whatsoever to convert them first. All this is accomplished without the need for any firmware updates.

In Hell? . . . Well, there’s only 1 kind of mp3 player there. The I-Pod!

So if I were you, I’d change my ways . . . PDQ! :smileyvery-happy:

Message Edited by Tapeworm on 03-29-2009 11:57 AM

@tapeworm wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@marvin_martian wrote:

@the_anti_ipod wrote:

@sansafix wrote:

In Hell? . . . Well, there’s only 1 kind of mp3 player there. The I-Pod!

LOL:smileyvery-happy: