Docking

Can Fuze be used with Ipod docking stations. The slots look compatible.

NO…it will fry the Fuze, they are wired differently.

Thanks. Will have to stick to the old fashioned jack plugs then!

I just got the Griffin PowerDock for Sansa on eBay and it works great.

Amazon has it for around twelve bucks.  I paid about half of that on eBay.

@hulksmashnow wrote:

I just got the Griffin PowerDock for Sansa on eBay and it works great.

It may be called a “dock”, but it’s just a charging station.  To me an honest-to-god dock is where you put your player and it plays through the dock’s speakers & is controlled through the dock with a remote.  A kind-of/sorta dock is one that plays through speakers, but uses the Fuze’s controls.

Bob

@bob_engelhardt wrote:

It may be called a “dock”, but it’s just a charging station.  To me an honest-to-god dock is where you put your player and it plays through the dock’s speakers & is controlled through the dock with a remote.  A kind-of/sorta dock is one that plays through speakers, but uses the Fuze’s controls.

Bob

Well, I can connect to to my computer, too, so it does more than charge, but you’re right about everything else.  Just trying to be helpful.

@hulksmashnow wrote:

@bob_engelhardt wrote:

It [Griffin PowerDock] may be called a “dock”, but it’s just a charging station.  …

Well, I can connect to to my computer, too, so it does more than charge,…

OK, I was just going by what Griffin said about the PowerDock (http://www.griffintechnology.com/products/powerdock) - no mention of connecting to ones computer.

Bob

Sansa makes a dock that will work with the Fuze (but apparently not the Fuze+). It includes a remote control with six buttons, and also has a variable-level line out. It _can_ connect to your PC USB port also, though the Fuze will not play music while the USB data connections are active. The Sansa dock includes adapters for a few earlier MP3 models, but not one specifically for the fuze. But it still works! You just don’t get a strong mechanical base. The Fuze is “standing up” with only it’s dock connection to support it.

I am in the process of making a car dock using information I got from the Sansa dock. I just want the Fuze to start and stop automatically when I start and shut off the car. Sounds simple, but the tricky part is always in the details.

I was looking forward to upgrading to a Fuze+ when the project is finished, but now that I know there is no dock connector on the +, those hopes have been dashed.

LyleHaze